Forgot to scent my soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic1963

Reaction score
can you believe right as I got all my soap dumped in the mold, I realized I had forgot to scent it......LOL. Glad it was a small batch and just for us.

I hate it when that happens...hahah

It won't be the last time lol. I've done it several times:) But some people like unscented soap...so now you have one:)

HAHA, sorry, I was just thinking how I do this with color AND fo's occasionally. I dont know where my head is at sometimes. :oops:

I have done it more than once myself , I am sure I will do it again :wink: . I read this tip and it seems to be helping , put your FO bottle in your mold when you set up to soap.

Kitn

Reactions: BWt
I know this goes against conventional wisdom about superfatting but I still like to reserve maybe 5% of my oils (usually a niice one) and add it in at trace. Since I almost always do this I've gotten into the habit of also adding my scent and other additives to this reserved oil. If it happens to be a finicky FO it almost doesn't matter because as soon as it is blended it is going into the mold anyway.

Of course that doesn't mean I might not forget BOTH some day... but so far I have not.

Well i forget my FO or EO ever so often!!
The technique i found so that it doesn't happen as often is to Usually pour it in my base oils so but today i was was trying a swirl design that i was so focused on that I COMPLETELY MISSED the FO.
I added it to the scrapes of the trace (a little difficult since i was doing a swirl design) ... it riced one of my colors... lol
i'll just have to see what it will give me tomorrow (Thank God it was a small test batch that i'm doing for a new soap).

another tip i do is
write it down (DON'T FORGET THE FO/EO) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back