my first HP bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first hp bars ever. Made em yest & cut em this morning w zero sodium lactate. Just amazing.
I didn't exactly nail it and glad I didn't attempt any swirls.
I used purple clay bc lavender so I'm not really sure why it came out yellow, must've been an EO-related color issue.
Everything went wrong, including my laser temp gun battery went out thankfully before i mixed the lyes, and I forgot the castor until after lye calc completed & dual lyes measured out & combined dry- so I just poured back the 15% olive into the bottle and subbed 15% castor which the lye calc said was acceptable bc only 0.012 oz lye difference.
3% sf, 4% post cook superfat jojoba & olive 1:1. 0.5% TOW was ls soap paste for trace accelerant, 0.5% Morton salt in lye, fluid enhancer was hot distilled water and I forgot to add the full 5% from small 8 oz glass jar warming in oven, solvent was 3% glycerin w/ 1% everclear and 3.2 oz EOs (27% lavender, 25% lavendin, 10% rosemary, 20% bergamot, 8% spearmint, 8% patch, 2% Guaicwood) mixed w another 40g everclear blended w 10" 1hp KitchenAId too long past oatmeal stage but stopped barely in the nick of time bc when i poured it into the mold it was still fluid. Made on the stove.
ShCVml.jpg

TuC4FU.jpg

sJcL5j.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Kcryss.
OMG this is like waaayyy the best soap i ever made and it hasn't even cured yet.
Thanks to the forum to guiding me in the right direction.
I had a bar in my shower five days after mixing the lye.
Still a whole lot of room for improvement too.
i made so many mistakes it's funny only bc it turned out okay ;)
Hoping to have time for three consecutive batches on three consecutive days next week.
The fb group suggested I develop a checklist which i decided is great idea for recipe w 8 fats and lotsa stuff that's gotta be added. A few days after making it i couldn't remember if i forgot to add the shea or not n i was freakin' out until i human tested it on myself n it was GREAT- i could totally hear the angels singing.
Usually I have to wait to use my mold again min 5 days and 10-14 days for pt bc i don't like SL yet must wait for logs to get hard enough to remove from mold for cutting into bars.
The idea of possibly being able to make bar soap on consecutive days next week is still boggling my mind a little bit.
Like, so theoretically i could make bar soap every single day if i wanted to ??
That's super interesting.
Note to forum, distilled water/everclear/glycerin/ EOs works perfectly well as Fluid Enhancer instead of Ashley Green's milk, yourt, and/or sorbitol.

Last edited:
Thanks, Kcryss.
OMG this is like waaayyy the best soap i ever made and it hasn't even cured yet.
I LOVE hot process!

The idea of possibly being able to make bar soap on consecutive days next week is still boggling my mind a little bit.
Like, so theoretically i could make bar soap every single day if i wanted to ??
Yes, you certainly can. I've done it many times. Especially in the winter when it's cold out. I let the mold(s) sit outside for a while to cool down. Not long enough to freeze though. :)

That's super interesting. Note to forum, distilled water/everclear/glycerin/ EOs works perfectly well as Fluid Enhancer instead of Ashley Green's milk, yourt, and/or sorbitol.
You're wasting Everclear in soap? Tsk Tsk ... I save all of mine for herbal infusions. ;)

Especially in the winter when it's cold out. I let the mold(s) sit outside for a while to cool down. Not long enough to freeze though. :)

You're wasting Everclear in soap? Tsk Tsk ... I save all of mine for herbal infusions. ;)-
----------- I only need 41g or $1.23 worth of everclear for a 20+ lbs batch.
Just finished typing all this stuff into SM3 trying to figure out what a batch of this soap costs me and think i'm looking at a significant improvement in material costs. Yay!
AxKVr9.jpg

Everything measured out yesterday for a stress-free and joyful day of soapmaking today, bc my first cook took me ridiculously long time.
5% post-cook superfat using 1:1 raw organic cocoa butter and jojoba this time w/ same really amazing lavender scent formula from Jackie Thompson's book. No way I could formulate an accord like that on my own- that's the best scent i've ever personally mixed.

Last edited:
----------- I only need 41g or $1.23 worth of everclear for a 20+ lbs batch.
Just finished typing all this stuff into SM3 trying to figure out what a batch of this soap costs me and think i'm looking at a significant improvement in material costs. Yay!
AxKVr9.jpg

Everything measured out yesterday for a stress-free and joyful day of soapmaking today, bc my first cook took me ridiculously long time.
5% post-cook superfat using 1:1 raw organic cocoa butter and jojoba this time w/ same really amazing lavender scent formula from Jackie Thompson's book. No way I could formulate an accord like that on my own- that's the best scent i've ever personally mixed.
LOL, good to hear it's only a little Everclear.

I would love to see your Orgonite! Both the real ones you make and the soap! :)

see how clear the polyester resin is when it's phase shifted in the freeze when it's hot? And it's incredibly smooth and pleasant to the touch
this is 24k gold leaf, a crystalline grade of jade called 'jadeite', copper & bronze (shavings), .999 silver shot in the tip, some kinda natural not lab-grown blue semi-precious stones in the bottom leaf and that yellow orange base glows fiercely in the dark like a nightlight.
Lots of crushed quartz. Basically the quartz is under compression from the resin, which creates voltage bc quartz is 'piezoelectric', & anything that creates voltage also releases radio frequency, like a crystal radio or a powerline tranformer works pretty much on same principles, but this is a healing energy created by the crystal itself, not nasty enf-generating magnetic induction.
Without fancy circuitry anything that transmits also receives so the orgonite is like a transformer receiving bad energy and pushing out good, healing energy.
U can buy one from your local crystal shop n keep it by or in your bed or for severe insomia right next to your heart or resting your hand on as u fall asleep.
EEXMXL.jpg
true .999 gold, silver & platinum leaf in this pyramid
jtEMlm.jpg

the purple is mica which we know as soapmakers is itself a crystal, and the silver stuff is pure platinum leaf i had to order from the UK. That's magnetic induction wire inside and the same stuff they wrap pole transformers with. It's much shinier and more beautiful than reg copper wire
iCrnJU.jpg

on this one i forced the light from an led stand thru a very clear, polished quartz obelisk to act as a light tube. I've never seen another one like it and so far as i know it is the only one of it's kind anywhere in the world
5gloYW.jpg

Dad gave me a buncha $$ one time that i spent all on crystals n i made him this charging plate w/ a real copper lightening rod in it and super special smokey quartz
YDd6A3.jpg

the steel rod is the ground in case u were wondering; copper rod is negative and steel rod is positive and can be grounded and the alternating current wave checked w an oscilloscope
UCaY94.jpg

my precious!
copper pipe is for transmission/reception of electrical and other ethereal energies
i saw the guy who taught me how to build these things cause a very strange electrical storm at a meditation center i was visiting using a much larger version built of steel chimney pipe and aluminum flex tubing shoved into the ground.
Or possibly that weird-ass storm was caused by 150 people all meditating together. I always see lots of really shiny, beautiful rainbows in the bright blue sky when i go out to that place.
mE6tob.jpg

9BfXcF.jpg

ITaJzm.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back