FO separating/settling to bottom in burner?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
I recently made a bunch of soy wax tarts for my sister in law and a couple of her friends. I'm new to the candle thing, and figured I'd start out with tarts since they're relatively easy!

All went well when I was making the tarts. They turned out great and set up fine! I used candle approved colourant (colour bricks I got from my supplier) and FO's that were candle approved as well. I just got a report back from my sister in law that when she and her friends burn some of the tarts, the scent settles to the bottom in the burner and they need to stir it around to get it to smell.

Why would this be happening? I used the same wax and colours for various different scents - and the scents were all from the same supplier and were meant for candles.

Is it because I used soy wax? Do even candle approved FO's act differently in soy wax than paraffin?

I'm just confused as to why the scent "settled" in some of the tarts and not others. I have another order for tarts to do in the next week and I don't want this to happen again!

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back