First lotion - Success!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tryanything

Reaction score
Yay, I made my first lotion the other day and it came out awesome! I did the basic recipe on swiftcraft's website. I also used a bit of the little Meyer Lemon FO sample I got from Brambleberry. **** you BB, now I need to buy more of this FO!

The thing I really like about this lotion is the non-greasy feeling, and the fact it absorbs into my dry, cracked feet really well! Store bought lotions haven't worked this well on my horrible feet!

It's exciting isn't it! The first batch I made, I added cocoa butter to it, so it was a little on the greasy side. (Figure I'll use it at night before bed) I made another batch just the other day and left the cocoa butter out. Much better for daytime use. I've also made lotion bars. They are kind of fun to make also. CONGRATULATIONS! YOU have made lotion!!:clap:

Yeah I made lotion bars to try on my feet since they are so terrible. It was okay but they didn't work as well either. And really greasy! Even with adding cornstarch. Fun to make but not my cup of tea I think. I'm going to try playing around with a few different oils. I only made a small batch so I have plenty of leftover ingredients to keep experimenting with!

Latest posts

Back