February Challenge- Soap Stones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MarnieSoapien I love how your red jasper stones turned out, and your color is perfect.
@midnightsoaper Your cabochons are beautiful. I don’t know how you got that shine on the soaps, but it really looks like polished rocks.
@zanzalawi What treasures you were able to get from a batch of soap you didn’t love. These are maybe the most realistic looking soap stones I’ve ever seen.

I am truly blown away by the creativity shown in this challenge. Well done all!!!

See I told you you should enter. Go post it in the entry thread.. Now! Haha

Yknow sometimes all takes is a good angle. For your camera and your subject. Good enough display if you cam catch the "best side" of your soap. For next time when you have un-trodden soap ;)

Well i shall mostly because they are unable to defend themselves blaim the cat it was dark and he stood infront of the soap on the floor meaning i HAD too stand on it either than or od have a squished cat i chose the less expensive option cant imagine the cat would of faired well after that even the fat en.

I have a really good and nice camera my dad handed down to me because he got a new one and iv always enjoyed photography so next time i will make sure i use that to take photos. Infact thinking about it iv got loads of nice photos not uploaded yet. Keep an eye on the random photo thread for some english countryside pics

Stone Horse

ScratchingsView attachment 36826
One eyeView attachment 36827
Rough cutsView attachment 36829
Depth carvingView attachment 36830
Mane outlineView attachment 36832
The other sideView attachment 36833
Horsing around in the soap dustView attachment 36834
Top viewView attachment 36835

Stone Soap Horse
View attachment 36836
Wow that's amazing! Reminds me of those underwater stone sculptures on TV lol and I enjoyed looking at the process.
I almost carved all my soap stone away trying to get what I wanted. This is an overflow from a loaf batch that I poured into a round silicone mold. This is my tea tree and may Chang blend colored with titanium dioxide and activated charcoal.
View attachment 36839 from the loaf mold. View attachment 36840View attachment 36841
Before the carving began.
View attachment 36842side 1
View attachment 36843side 2

I was hoping for a more dramatic marbling being in the small circle mold I though I swirled it more. It reminded me of high end marble coasters.
That's what I thought too! Really cool

You are all so creative. ! I did try but my 2 tried didn't do as I had hoped, but learning is what makes this so interesting . Good luck all of you!

It's after 4 pm now in Colorado USA and it looks like the results still haven't been posted. Did I miss them?

Patience grasshopper ... the challenge mods I'm sure will post them when they can :)

I always wait until the end of the day so everyone has as much chance to vote as possible. I never want to cut anyone off.

The results are in!

First place goes to
Midnightsoaper

Second place has a three way tie:
Szaza
Terri E
Dawni

Third place goes to:
SaltedFig

Thank you so much for participating and I hope everyone had some fun!!! All the entries were exciting to see.

Woohoo!

Congratulations midnightsoaper, that's a well deserved win! Congratulations szaza, Terri E and SaltedFig!!

And myself lol How very satisfying for a first time challenge. Thanks to everyone who voted! Love you all

Latest posts

Back