February Challenge- Soap Stones

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if you made your transparent soap, but if you did a big kudos for that.

It was the first-try semi transparant soap colored with AC that I used for the challenge.. haven't had time to retry transparant soap making this month:(

The look I was going for was Red Jasper (photo 1 is for reference). I used the failed-fissure-technique/smoosh-the-pieces-into-rock-like-shapes method. I achieved the colors with Red Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide and Black Iron Oxide, I also used Cherry and Driftwood FOs. I had a lot of fun with this challenge and am so glad that I got to participate!View attachment 36575 View attachment 36576 View attachment 36577 View attachment 36578 View attachment 36579
I love how those came out! My favorite one is the last pic.. Really cool. They don't look all that different from your inspiration pic :)

1. Misschief - I REALLY want to try this!
2. Primrose - Wow what a cool tutorial!
3. Dawni - I think I can finally have a go at a challenge
4. Hendejm - I am going to plan better this month!
5. Meena - This challenge may be one that I'm actually capable of fulfilling as a still-new soaper, heh heh
6. zanzalawi- it is my destiny :p
7. dibbles - messing with my soap on purpose - this will be interesting
8. SaltedFig - Stone Soap Rocks
9. KiwiMoose - Oh alright then. I have an idea for this, but I can't promise I will receive my supplies I need to do it before the entries close. Keep yer fingers crossed for me that they arrive.
10. earlene - want to get back in the groove
11. MarnieSoapien - I think I can, I think I can.
12.Terri E -I love soapy rocks! :)))))))))
13. midnightsoaper - this is my 50th post :D
14. szaza - the stones are calling me!
15. SideDoorSoaps - I really wasn’t gonna but now I NEED to try something that I’ve been wanting to do for awhile
16. Jules92207 - good challenge to get back into the groove since I’ve been MIA a while
17. Chris_s - wasnt planning on joining in on this but was bored last night and had itchy fingers while waiting for lye to cool

@midnightsoaper those are beautiful!

@zanzalawi your stones are so realistic!

Wow.. So many awesome entries it's gonna be extremely hard to vote.

Speaking of awesome entries, @Chris_S where's yours? Lol

I told you it got trodden on best iv got is the pictures i took to send you via inbox and that wasnt exactly showing them in thier best light :(

@Chris_S, enter your picture! It doesn't matter that they aren't at their best. This is a contest for fun and creativity, and a squashed stone can certainly takes its place in the entry thread.

Last day for entries! I love what everyone has done. It is so fun to see all the entries.

Last edited:
@Chris_S, enter your picture! It doesn't matter that they aren't at their best. This is a contest for fun and creativity, and a squashed stone can certainly takes it's place in the entry thread.

Last day for entries! I love what everyone has done. It is so fun to see all the entries.

Thank you for the encouragement :)Having a really bad day been on the verge of tears several times so needed a kind word :D

Attached the pic iv got i really wanted to display them as well as everyone else has done dont think they are too bad as a first entry :)

Attachments

• line_1550706186812.jpg
    line_1550706186812.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 24
No, no no no no no no NEVER TOO BAD TO ENTER!!!! We love all soap and the challenges are meant to be fun, not highly competitive. I love your soap stones! Please enter them. Please.

@Chris_S, I was having an off day the other day as well. I hope you are feeling better soon. Remember that for all the crap, there are kind and good people all over the place.

Oh my.. so many pretty soaps in the entry thread! I love the use of colors by both @Primrose and @MarnieSoapien
@midnightsoaper your soaps look just like the inspiration pictures, very impressive!
And I love how your rivier rocks turned out @zanzalawi , amazing how your 'botched batch' turned into something so beautiful!

No, no no no no no no NEVER TOO BAD TO ENTER!!!! We love all soap and the challenges are meant to be fun, not highly competitive. I love your soap stones! Please enter them. Please.

@Chris_S, I was having an off day the other day as well. I hope you are feeling better soon. Remember that for all the crap, there are kind and good people all over the place.

I didnt mean it like that lol i just meant for a first try think iv done well probably poorly worded on my part

Thank you and i know but iv been struggling for over 2 years should be used to feeling like this but something that happened this morning really caught me off guard. Ill enter them in a minute :) Thank you all for such kind words:D

Thank you for the encouragement :)Having a really bad day been on the verge of tears several times so needed a kind word :D

Attached the pic iv got i really wanted to display them as well as everyone else has done dont think they are too bad as a first entry :)
See I told you you should enter. Go post it in the entry thread.. Now! Haha

Yknow sometimes all takes is a good angle. For your camera and your subject. Good enough display if you cam catch the "best side" of your soap. For next time when you have un-trodden soap ;)

Latest posts

Back