Everything but the kitchen sink

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m calling this one Kitchen Sink Pink :p It’s made with different oils I needed to use up and some leftover micas I had for another batch.

66607FB2-3B75-4E45-A1A6-0F41A616BD42.jpeg

And then there’s Toasted Rolling Rock Funfetti. I tried to fix a partial gel (the bane of my existence ever since I started adding sugar) and ended up toasting my tops.

32F27D5C-588B-45F7-AFE6-EF09F63877A0.jpeg

I’m also loving a new spiral mold and the mat that fits perfectly in my little slab mold:

4F87448E-C945-4966-AC4E-588B0161392E.jpeg

And finally, just sending out some love to all you soap makers out there!

0CAB4209-49CD-449E-B05C-6DC4DB8CB444.jpeg

Thanks @Todd Ziegler and @Zing I’m just at the one year anniversary of making soap and I think I’m really starting to get the hang of it :). Persistence pays! Plus, making soap does not make my back hurt, unlike sewing and cooking, which I also love to do.
I am at the 3 month mark and I can't sew, wish I could, but I can cook. After all that is basically soap making.

I am at the 3 month mark and I can't sew, wish I could, but I can cook. After all that is basically soap making.
You’re making really great soap at the 3 month mark! I wish I could figure out why prepping and cooking food makes my back hurt and making soap doesn’t. Maybe it has something to do with peeling, slicing and dicing...

You’re making really great soap at the 3 month mark! I wish I could figure out why prepping and cooking food makes my back hurt and making soap doesn’t. Maybe it has something to do with peeling, slicing and dicing...
To be honest after I make soap, the clean up makes my back sore but that probably has more to do with the back surgeries than the soap making...I hope lol.

Thank you @Jersey Girl and @SoapSisters! I just discovered “black point” and “vignette” in my iPad editing software. That helps with getting the black background just right.

To be honest after I make soap, the clean up makes my back sore but that probably has more to do with the back surgeries than the soap making...I hope lol.
No back surgeries here, but when I was a younger marine scientist I lugged more than my fair share of heavy sampling equipment, buckets of mud and jugs of seawater around on the rolling back decks of research boats. It was fun though and I would do it all over again if I had the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
No back surgeries here, but when I was a younger marine scientist I lugged more than my fair share of heavy sampling equipment, buckets of mud and jugs of seawater around on the rolling back decks of research boats. It was fun though and I would do it all over again if I had the chance.
That sounds awesome. I'm was going to take my vacation on a dinosaur dig as a volunteer. I read articles every day on all kinds of scientific research. I really love paleontology, physics (quantum physics) and fresh water biology. I have freshwater planted aquariums, that are geared towards the plants and not just fish. I specialize in native dwarf species of fish and invertebrates but my plants span the globe.

That sounds awesome. I'm was going to take my vacation on a dinosaur dig as a volunteer. I read articles every day on all kinds of scientific research. I really love paleontology, physics (quantum physics) and fresh water biology. I have freshwater planted aquariums, that are geared towards the plants and not just fish. I specialize in native dwarf species of fish and invertebrates but my plants span the globe.
Wow, that is an AWESOME span of interests. Quantum physics is not my thing, but I’m with you on the paleontology and fresh water biology :). I’m one of those people who can’t do a road trip without the roadside guide to the geology of the region and my favorite things to bring back from any trip are rocks and fossils (and the occasional old bottle I find).

8B1E7FAD-3002-4314-B9F8-B9D20F63CB6D.jpeg 208B107B-B331-46C7-82E3-6073CDC29ECA.jpeg

The shell fossil on the left in the bottom photo came from France. It was given to me by the owner of a restaurant after I admired his collection. He took me through the kitchen and then down a level into the wine cellar where he had a pile of fossils in the corner. I have three because that’s all I could carry!

Back