Eeeek! I forgot one of my oils!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaccart789

Reaction score
What will happen... I forgot to add my castor oil from my recipe? I was taking so much time getting my lye cool, mixing my colors (thinking about colors worrying about trace) that I totally forgot my castor oil. :cry: Im so sad because I cherish every drop of my fragrance oil and I am sad its probably ruined. My castor oil is 10% of my recipe, with 5% superfat.

It was my first attempt at colors and now its probably lye heavy. Oh darn it! This was suppose to be my Christmas Soap with Woodland elves fragrance. :-|

Thank you for your empathy. I realize this is just a learning process. I think sometimes when I am overly cautious, I forget the main things. LOL

I did the same exact thing last weekend. I was so mad at myself! Now I put a check mark by each ingredient after its been added so I don't do it again. I feel your pain.

Does it zap when you touch it with your tongue? Usually, I don't add that much Castor oil. If it doesn't zap, you will just have a very cleansing soap.

lsg... I havent checked it yet as it is in the mold warming up. I realized I missed the castor when I was cleaning up... there my oil was sitting by its lonesome. I ran it through soap cal and it looks like I would have needed .1 more of lye. I read somewhere that there can be a little less lye. Im hoping that it is at least useable, even if it is hand soap. Thank you for giving me a little hope. :)

I would wait a couple of days after unmolding to check it; soap gets a little milder as it cures.

Back