Ebru Technique Soap Challenge

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lionprincess - I think your peacock wanted to be a dragon that's why he turned out the way he did ;) Glad the dragon won the battle because it is fab! I also loved the koi and butterfly entries.

Never mind. I thought it was the fish that I had liked that didn't have an inspiration photo, but it does have an inspiration photo that was Ebru. There was a different one that I have to look at again now, I don't even recall which one it was, that did not have an inspiration photo with it like it was supposed to. That's why I wrote all this but I was mistaken it was not the fish. But I'll leave the post up anyway because it does make a good point about the rules of this challenge.The rules are set, and it was difficult finding a photo of what I was wanting to attempt. If I could put anything up there as an inspiration, it would've made it easy for me, but we had specific rules...if they aren't fully enforced it really isn't fair to those of us that did follow them. that's the only frustrating thing about the challenges because every month there's stand out soaps that don't follow a rule, yet they win or receive the sponsor choice award which always has a nice reward. So I try to exclude soaps I see as disqualified to reward those that did follow the rules.

Last edited:
I feel frustrated about this kind of thing every time. There is some sort of controversy every challenge. If you are going to have guidelines or rules then people should be required to abide by them. Otherwise she may as well just say 'make the prettiest soap you can'. If she did do that then I would be less annoyed.

Edited to say that I did raise this last month with Amy before the dessert challenge. Her response was that she didn't want to stifle creativity by making the rules too tough. She also said the rules would be enforced though, but I am sure I have seen ebru entries without an ebru inspiration picture this time.

Last edited:
I also saw some entries that didn't really follow the rules from my point of view, but I guess they did from another one.. So I kept my personal interpretation of "ebru inspired" in my head when voting. And even though there were some amazing looking soaps, I just didn't vote for, because I found them to be a little bit too far from the challenge theme.

It's been a funny challenge from a rules point of view. Some entries were definitely ebru techniques but they didn't include an inspiration picture so in my mind they've not followed the guidelines but have produced a soap that does

Huh, that's funny! It looks like I haven't voted yet (even though I have, the very first day) - no hearts in the corners are red. They are all grey. Did anyone else notice this?

It happens sometimes to me. It resets. I think Amy mentioned it's possible to do multiple votes, and she appreciated people being honest that this was happening. One of the reasons she's trying to switch formats I believe. How fair is that!

I found this happens if I vote when on say my wifi at home and then view it whilst out and about using 3G/4G. I asked about it once cos I thought I'd imagined voting but it's because you get a different IP when on your home network to the one assigned when out and about.

If you view it wherever you were when you voted you will see the red hearts

I didn't realise this and voted twice so I let Amy know and she cancelled my duplicates

I'm on the same Wi-Fi and can't see the votes. I think I will mail her, just to make sure my votes are in.

It happened to me. If your IP address changes then the votes disappear. If you vote again your votes will be counted twice. I had to contact any about it and get my second set of votes discounted when it happened to me.

Thanks!
Ha, I guess my taste is very different from the majority :) The entries I was sure would be in the top three are not.. Sonya, I was absolutely sure your cherry blossom would win! :) The leafy trilobites was also one of my favourites..

I too am surprised by the top two, not that they're bad soaps but I was convinced Newbie or Saponista would have won

And I'm really sorry if number 4 is someone on here but for me that one really didn't embody the guidelines of the challenge - it's cute but it's not Ebru (in my opinion)

Edit: ok so it's now joint 3rd! I still don't agree it should be

Last edited:
the top 10 just changed. I see several people who have moved up, did someone get disqualified and taken out I wonder? Maybe that's why it's taking so long

I've moved down from joint 9th to joint 10th (with Newbie so in great company) I had 23 votes but now have 22

Back