Dupe for RE barbershop 1920 ? ? ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Green Irish Tweed is suppose to be an Irish Spring knock off and I don't really like that scent, so I haven't tried it..

Ditto what Shunt said....it does not smell anything like Irish Spring. It's a dupe of the popular Green Irish Tweed cologne made by Creed, supposedly a favorite of Sean Connery from what I heard once.

From RE, I really love these. They last long in my soap:

Barbershop 1920's
Tuscan Fields
Redwood
London Fog

IrishLass :)

Rustic escentuals has a fragrance that I will like and lasts FOREVER in CP soap. The fragrance is called barbershop 1920's.

My problem is that RE won't ship via USPS. Their cheapest shipping to me is around $20. I just can't justify that shipping rate for 4 to 8 ounces of fragrance.

Is there another vendor that carries a similar smelling fragrance?

I LOVE Old Time Barbershop from Bulk Apothecary. It's a huge seller and the scent lasts. It will discolor to a light tan but the color works for us!

Attachments

• 3-17-2020 Old Time Barbershop-bar.jpg
    3-17-2020 Old Time Barbershop-bar.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 9
I was eyeing that earl grey scent. I'm already inspired to see if I can make an Adagio blend of it. I've never had this tea belnd before but I love earl grey and also apples. Back to the topic, do you know anyone else who would use anythign from them? it might make the order more worthwhile. I think for me, $14-15 dollars shipping is a lot better than Bramble berry most times for what I want.
Candle science makes a white tea and berries that is very good and the scent sticks for a long time. It is more berries than tea.

RE's Earl grey and apple had clear black tea tones with spiced Apple.

I use the candle science fragrances, but I want to experiment with adding a little additional black tea fragrance to it if I can find it.

As far as someone else that orders from RE,. I only know one other soper locally and she doesn't use rustic escentuals. :(

I was hoping somebody had tried rustic escentuals barbershop 1920 and could compare it to one of the other vendors barber shop fragrances and know if they were similar.

Ditto what Shunt said....it does not smell anything like Irish Spring. It's a dupe of the popular Green Irish Tweed cologne made by Creed, supposedly a favorite of Sean Connery from what I heard once.

Ok ladies you have convinced me to try the green Tweed fragrance on my next rustic escentuals order.

I was eyeing that earl grey scent. I'm already inspired to see if I can make an Adagio blend of it. I've never had this tea belnd before but I love earl grey and also apples. Back to the topic, do you know anyone else who would use anythign from them? it might make the order more worthwhile. I think for me, $14-15 dollars shipping is a lot better than Bramble berry most times for what I want.
Last month I ordered from both RE and BB, pretty much the same size orders. I was shocked that BB charged <$9 for shipping, and RE was $16. I am in love with Autumn Rain (RE) but will have to rethink ordering again. That scent does stick wonderfully. Bars I made last summer still smell divine.

Last month I ordered from both RE and BB, pretty much the same size orders. I was shocked that BB charged <$9 for shipping, and RE was $16. I am in love with Autumn Rain (RE) but will have to rethink ordering again. That scent does stick wonderfully. Bars I made last summer still smell divine.
good to know. I've seen worse before with BB.

Could you describe the Autumn Rain fragrance? RE says it is like after a rain and when you smell the "fresh, dewy, cool Autumn air carries the scent of dried leaves and hay bales from the farm next door as well as amber and fresh cut wood from the wood pile across the yard. "

This description means nothing to me! It smells like hay and leaves?

Rustic escentuals has a fragrance that I will like and lasts FOREVER in CP soap. The fragrance is called barbershop 1920's.

My problem is that RE won't ship via USPS. Their cheapest shipping to me is around $20. I just can't justify that shipping rate for 4 to 8 ounces of fragrance.

Is there another vendor that carries a similar smelling fragrance?

https://mokshaessentials.com/collec...s/shave-haircut-bb-type-fragrance-oil-premium
Shave and a haircut is very Barber Shop-y smelling. Website notes "no shipping restrictions" on website
Shave and a Haircut Fragrance Oil | BrambleBerry

Last edited:
Back