Dupe for RE barbershop 1920 ? ? ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

math ace

Reaction score
Rustic escentuals has a fragrance that I will like and lasts FOREVER in CP soap. The fragrance is called barbershop 1920's.

My problem is that RE won't ship via USPS. Their cheapest shipping to me is around $20. I just can't justify that shipping rate for 4 to 8 ounces of fragrance.

Is there another vendor that carries a similar smelling fragrance?

I know....I order it a lot, typically in the larger quantities. If you are in the Bay Area, we can split an order sometime, to reduce your shipping costs!

I've learned when ordering from them I place 1 big order a year. I get my lip balm tubes, caps and droppers, lotion bar tubes as well as some flavor oils and a few FO's. Their shipping is higher than some places but their quality is excellent.

I live about 25 minutes from RE, but they don't allow warehouse pickup during COvid-19. So I have to have stuff shipped now:hairpulling:. I've been about to bust to order a couple of things, but I'm trying to hold out to avoid shipping.

I think I may have a few 1 oz bottles of Barbershop. Let me look in the basement later. But my daughter may have flinched it for her husband's soap, it's his fave.

I know....I order it a lot, typically in the larger quantities. If you are in the Bay Area, we can split an order sometime, to reduce your shipping costs!

Blithesoapguy,
I LOVE the way you think! I live in FLORIDA, North FLORIDA. I am about a 6 hour drive from them and the shipping from RE for 8 ounces is as much as my 10 lb orders from Bramble Berry use to be.

I live about 25 minutes from RE, but they don't allow warehouse pickup during COvid-19. So I have to have stuff shipped now:hairpulling:. I've been about to bust to order a couple of things, but I'm trying to hold out to avoid shipping.

I think I may have a few 1 oz bottles of Barbershop. Let me look in the basement later. But my daughter may have flinched it for her husband's soap, it's his fave.

cjisler,

HOLD OUT... You can do it! I would expect that they would open their doors soon. Our state just went to phase 2 for reopening. Restaurants and Retailers are allowed to open with 50% occupancy.

I've learned when ordering from them I place 1 big order a year. I get my lip balm tubes, caps and droppers, lotion bar tubes as well as some flavor oils and a few FO's. Their shipping is higher than some places but their quality is excellent.

I have had a hard time getting a lot of their fragrances to stick (for at least 6 months) in CP soap and all I do is CP soap.
Of the fragrances that I've had stick a long time, I have really like and would order larger quantities of :

1. Barbershop 1920's
2. Neroli
3. Calabrian Bergamot & violet

I really liked the Ezra, but it faded around 4 months.
LOVED their Earl Grey and Apple, but it faded after a few months too.

So, I just don't have enough favorite fragrances from them to put a big order together... I've tried LOL!

Rustic escentuals has a fragrance that I will like and lasts FOREVER in CP soap. The fragrance is called barbershop 1920's.

My problem is that RE won't ship via USPS. Their cheapest shipping to me is around $20. I just can't justify that shipping rate for 4 to 8 ounces of fragrance.

Why does it cost so much to ship to you when I can get 2 lbs shipped to me in California for 14.84 by Fedex or 16.75 UPS?

Their Cedar, Sage & Blackberry is a good seller for me or was. My markets are gone now. 😭

I've had good long lasting experiences with several of their FO's.

Apricot & Honey
Bamboo Sugar Cane
Clementine Lavender
Da Lime in da Cocount
Green Irish Tweed
Lemon Curd
Lemon Verbena
Raspberry Lilac
Calebrian Bergamont & Violet

and a couple others.

I've had good long lasting experiences with several of their FO's.

Apricot & Honey
Bamboo Sugar Cane
Clementine Lavender
Da Lime in da Cocount
Green Irish Tweed
Lemon Curd
Lemon Verbena
Raspberry Lilac
Calebrian Bergamont & Violet

and a couple others.

I am testing the Lemon Curd and Lemon Verbena right now. They are only a couple months old.
I am watching the apricot & honey too.
I haven't tried the Bamboo Sugar Cane, Raspberry lilac or Clementine Lavendar. I will try those on their yearly 20 sample sale.

The Da Lime in da Coconut did not last for me. :( I think the Green Irish Tweed is suppose to be an Irish Spring knock off and I don't really like that scent, so I haven't tried it..

Why does it cost so much to ship to you when I can get 2 lbs shipped to me in California for 14.84 by Fedex or 16.75 UPS?

Their Cedar, Sage & Blackberry is a good seller for me or was. My markets are gone now. 😭

That's a very good question! I've called and BEGGED them to send via USPS.

1589903775207.png

But the cheapest shipping to my house is $16.50. I live in a rural area and I think FedEx and UPS charge surcharges for home delivery and rural delivery.

@Saponificarian I have Hippie Chick but haven't used it as yet.

Really? @shunt2011 What does it smell like?

I love Dream Catcher from Bitter Creek but I hate not knowing how much I will be paying for shipping so I am thinking I should try Rustic Escentual's

@math ace why don't you like it? I like Barber Shoppe from WSP and Shave and A hair cut from BB. Both sticks great

@cmzaha I think we have very similar nose, what else do you like from them? :)

Lookup WSP Barber Shoppe. I'm not sure what the FO notes are for the RE version, but looking online you could compare the notes and see if you want to try it. I did a quick search on NG for "barber shop" but came up with no results.

I am testing the Lemon Curd and Lemon Verbena right now. They are only a couple months old.
I am watching the apricot & honey too.
I haven't tried the Bamboo Sugar Cane, Raspberry lilac or Clementine Lavendar. I will try those on their yearly 20 sample sale.

The Da Lime in da Coconut did not last for me. :( I think the Green Irish Tweed is suppose to be an Irish Spring knock off and I don't really like that scent, so I haven't tried it..

No, Green Irish Tweed is a dupe of a popular cologne. Nothing like Irish Spring, at least not to me.

@Saponificarian I liked it as I recall. However, I'm at a disadvantage right now as I've lost all sense of smell and taste since February. I have sniffers of my soaps to make sure all is well. But I don't worry too much as I pretty much have my whole line together with only adding a handful of new ones each season. So I know what I use lasts to my liking of at least a year, generally longer.

No, Green Irish Tweed is a dupe of a popular cologne. Nothing like Irish Spring, at least not to me.

@Saponificarian I liked it as I recall. However, I'm at a disadvantage right now as I've lost all sense of smell and taste since February. I have sniffers of my soaps to make sure all is well. But I don't worry too much as I pretty much have my whole line together with only adding a handful of new ones each season. So I know what I use lasts to my liking of at least a year, generally longer.

Thanks. Really pray your sense of smell and taste comes back soonest... Wow! Rooting for ya..

Really? @shunt2011 What does it smell like?

I love Dream Catcher from Bitter Creek but I hate not knowing how much I will be paying for shipping so I am thinking I should try Rustic Escentual's

@math ace why don't you like it? I like Barber Shoppe from WSP and Shave and A hair cut from BB. Both sticks great

@cmzaha I think we have very similar nose, what else do you like from them? :)

Saponficarian,

PM me your address and I'll send you a piece of the bar that I have already made. It is almost 2 months old.

Saponficarian,

PM me your address and I'll send you a piece of the bar that I have already made. It is almost 2 months old.
From the same batch

Heavenly Honeysuckle
Hippie Chick
Red Saffron
Oud Wood
Lemon Curd
London Fog
Warm Vanilla Nutmeg
Lemon Verbena
Blackberry Scone
Ozark Forest
Lemon Slices
Toasted Marshmallow

Unfortunately, I am in Canada. Not sure if it's possible... To be so near, yet so far away....:oops:

I have had a hard time getting a lot of their fragrances to stick (for at least 6 months) in CP soap and all I do is CP soap.
Of the fragrances that I've had stick a long time, I have really like and would order larger quantities of :

1. Barbershop 1920's
2. Neroli
3. Calabrian Bergamot & violet

I really liked the Ezra, but it faded around 4 months.
LOVED their Earl Grey and Apple, but it faded after a few months too.

So, I just don't have enough favorite fragrances from them to put a big order together... I've tried LOL!

I was eyeing that earl grey scent. I'm already inspired to see if I can make an Adagio blend of it. I've never had this tea belnd before but I love earl grey and also apples. Back to the topic, do you know anyone else who would use anythign from them? it might make the order more worthwhile. I think for me, $14-15 dollars shipping is a lot better than Bramble berry most times for what I want.

Latest posts

Back