- Sorry for the delay in reviewing these FOs! In mid-January I was negotiating a position at another hospital and getting ready for Mardi Gras. I belong to a New Orleans Krewe and between the negotiations and getting my handmade throws ready for our parade, I ran out of time!! I started the new job shortly after Mardi Gras and then the Covid nightmare hit, so it's been completely insane at work!!
But at least I can tell you how the scents have held up PAST the 6 month mark
- at 6 months still pretty strong with slight fading at the current 9+ month mark. I don't love this scent (basically banana/coconut) but it sold well. I used BCN vanilla stabilizer and my tiger stripes remain pastel. It does thicken up fast, so you need to move quickly.
Irish Spring -
This one sticks like crazy!! Smells amazing - definitely a keeper!!
- Smells great with very little fading. Honestly I'm stunned that there is zero discoloration for this FO because it smells very sweet - just like it's name!
- still sticking like a charm. Personally I don't care for this scent, but it sold well. No discoloration.
Tassi Lavender/Blue Chamomile blend
- This was not a good blend. I think the Tassi would be great on it's own, but together it was just 'meh' and didn't stick well for me.
All Souls Day
- Like seriously, just go buy this NOW!!! I adore this one soooo much more than I thought I would. I used 0.5oz ppo in my slow-moving recipe and it behaved beautifully for a tilted tiger design. It still smells crazy good at 9+ months!!
- I liked it but who cares since they discontinued this FO.
- I've yet to find a good straight cucumber FO, but this one is pretty decent. A little sweeter than I would prefer, but it does stick better than most cucumber FOs, and it sells well for me. Some slight fading from the 6 month to the 9 month mark.
- This is another of those "OMG, this is amazing!" FOs...it honestly smells like the real thing AND survives the lye beast!! It smells just as good now as it did just after cure!
The blend used by Irish Lass for the perfect OMH scent - Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses blended with Oregon Trail's OMH.
- Irish Lass KILLED it with this blend!! None of those plastic/play-doh overtones that are so prevalent in OMH scents, this is pure milky sweet oatmeal goodness
AND it sticks like crazy - still smells like a dream at 9+ months. BTW I love Daystar's Milk Sugar Kisses on its own as well - in a cured bar of soap it reminds me of fresh croissants!
A blend recommended by Katie Carson (Royalty Soap) as the perfect peach scent - equal amounts of NG Perfect Peach and FB Georgia Peach
. - Yeah, this one is a hard pass for me. As with most peach scents, it smelled great while soaping and smelled like absolutely nothing for the first few weeks of cure. The scent bloomed at about week 4 and I got excited because it really DID smell nice and peachy, but alas...by week 6 the scent settled down to a "cheap drug-store body spray" version of peach. I will say that the scent is still sticking at 9+ months, but this isn't really a good thing. No way would I sell this soap, so I'm using it myself...the best I can say is that the scent doesn't remain on your skin after using it!