Drizzling Honey MP over fresh CP Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made a fresh batch of CP Oatmeal Honey Soap and want to drizzle some Honey MP Soap over the top of the honeycomb like tops. Do I wait until my soap is cured 6-8 weeks or can I do it now. Wondering if it would effect the curing if done now while the soap is fresh. Never used MP before.

Thank you Dawni and Irish Lass. I decided to wait on the drizzling the MP as when I opened up the tiny bit of Honey MP it was a clear color and I didn't like the odor. Guess it didn't smell like real soap like I am used to. Will check around to see if I can find some Honey colored Honey MP.

Yep, if you wait the M&P will have a tendency of breaking off the soap. I usually do it while my CP is in the mold. I put M&P embeds on almost every one of my soaps.

Thank you Dawni and Irish Lass. I decided to wait on the drizzling the MP as when I opened up the tiny bit of Honey MP it was a clear color and I didn't like the odor. Guess it didn't smell like real soap like I am used to. Will check around to see if I can find some Honey colored Honey MP.

The one I use is from WSP, but the amount I have on hand dates from before they reformulated it. Mine is a lovely amber color, but I hear that their reformulated honey MP is not as amber-colored anymore.

The Stephenson Honey MP looks like a really nice replacement for what I have: https://www.candlescience.com/soap-...MImKTH8rXV4QIVCcNkCh0WWQEQEAQYAiABEgIOsfD_BwE.

When I run out of mine from WSP, I'll be getting the Stephenson instead of the reformulated one from WSP.

IrishLass :)

Latest posts

Back