Dream ingredients?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bloody right. i am so jealous of you guys, i was at woolies and they were having a special, 4 ltr (or was it 5? cant remember) for 24 bucks? :Kitten Love: you dont have to deal with pomace like i do, coz even using the extra virgin one is still cheap.
Pomace is better than evoo, it contains more unsaponifiables. I want to get some pomace but I don't have the money to order it, while I can pick up regular oo in the grocery store.

For me tamanu oil, meadowfoam oil, and a bunch of EOs. I don't use scented soap but I'd like to be able to afford EOs and try some.

I would love some almond oil and jojoba oil! Also ALL of the essential oils. All of them. And some nice fragrance oils too, why not. And clay!

I've always wanted to experiment with motor oil. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the synthetic crap all the new vehicles are using now and I'm not talking about that crude garbage that dumps out of the ships in the tropical seas. I'm talking about a good quality organically refined 10W30. The kind of stuff they used to use in the trusty old Ford Model T's back in the day when cars were expected to last over ten years before warring out. The kind of stuff that leaves your hands silky smooth after a nice hot oil change on a cold winters day. The kind of stuff that would faithfully keep your hair slicked back for the whole night during your high school prom. There's something reminiscent about that oil. If it weren't for the aftertaste you could sip it back like a nice cup of hot chocolate while you sit around the fire.
Ahhh, one day... One day my fantasies will come true but for now they're just dreams.

I would love to be able to order my staples in HUGE quantities, and to order all the colors and fragrances I can think of. I would be happy using my simple basic recipe forever, with just changes in the scent and color.

Elk or deer tallow. My mom hunts but she has never gotten a really fatty deer. Apparently they need to eat a lot of corn for this to happen? Or maybe here in Alabama it doesn't get cold enough that they put on extra fat for insulation?

It takes the fat from a lot of deer, 'cause they just don't have much. Gotta get your friends to save it for you. Or call the processing places and ask them to save it. But here I am telling you what to do and I have not done it myself. Missed out last year and may again this year if I don't get on it soon.

As for my wish list, probably rose e.o. and maybe a few other e.o.s. When I first started soaping I tried all sorts of soaping oils. This time (when I started again) I've stuck with my basics and been happy with them.

Last edited:
rose eo is **** expensive. over here it's like 8 bucks for a tiny 10ml bottle. scent wise, it is pretty weak. that said, when i'm using eo, i'm mainly looking for its benefits, rather than its scent. that said, i also want my soap to at least smell something. so yeah, it's a weird situation, as trying to add rose fo to the soap (to help to the scent) will be a waste of the eo IMO. maybe i should mix eos.

I live in California, and there are roses everywhere. I just pick them, infuse almond or olive oil, and use that. Maybe try that if you live near roses. I know my girlfriend gets these rosehip buds for tea (I think?), and those can be used, too. I let them sit in almond oil for a month and it smelled great.

I've always wanted to experiment with motor oil. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about the synthetic crap all the new vehicles are using now and I'm not talking about that crude garbage that dumps out of the ships in the tropical seas. I'm talking about a good quality organically refined 10W30.

I'm pretty sure that none of the petroleum based oils saponify. Though whale oil was probably used for the model T, which would sap. There is a hair product I want to say it's called "Alabama Crude" and it's actually crude oil. Smells awful but would give a very authentic sheen to your pompadour. I did come across an old recipe for Vaseline soap that lists 2Tbs in a soap that had a total yield of 1.75 Lbs.

Side note: Vaseline was first found by the roughnecks working the oil fields in the wash from the wells. They found that if they rubbed in in their cuts it would keep them clean and they would heal faster.
That's what I picked up somewhere anyway.

Hemp butter. Would love to play with some, but it's so expensive!

Bzbdc, where are you located? I just bought hemp butter and I'm thinking I'm not going to use it as the supplier can't give me any proof that the soybean oil isn't GMO. I didn't know it was actually soybean oil when I ordered, or I wouldn't have ordered.

Latest posts

Back