Neat app I just discovered

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Maybe I am the last to hear about this, I dunno LOL. Its called GetUpSide. I heard about it on a radio commercial. You earn cash back through the app on gas and food purchases. There are no participating grocery stores near me (that would have been nice LOL)

I looked it up and it has good reviews from cnet etc. I wouldn't go out of my way to find a store that I can use it at, kinda defeats the purpose. But I was curious, so I downloaded it. It doesn't collect any information from you. I signed in with my email. You only need to store a few digits for your credit card (for purchase verification purposes).

Anyway, MY gas station was listed and I "claimed" the offer...which I read you should do right before your purchase, because you only have a certain amt of time to make the purchase.

The offer at my gas station was 9 cents a gallon (I just realized there is no cents sign on the keyboard LOL). I filled up 12 gallons, so now I am getting $1.08 back. The BP station down the road a bit more was offering 12 cents a gallon (where the hell is the cents sign?) But I thought that would be stupid to drive over there for another couple of pennies, when the first one is literally on my street.

I drive 100 miles a day just for work, so if it is using my gas station down the street, I think it is worth it to collect a dollar or two each time I go. You can withdraw to your paypal acct, or bank if you choose to give them that information. I haven't decided on that yet. But I did a bunch of research before I downloaded the app and it is totally legit.

It was neat, it automatically detected my purchase. I think in some cases you need to scan your receipt. I guess it uses your gps to determine what businesses have offers near you, so if you are at work you might get something different than from home.

I sound like I am advertising this app lol. Seriously I just heard about it on the radio and tried it out and seems like a neat idea to earn cash back on something you are already purchasing....

I think you ended up with a Mac for your new computer, yes? Not sure for a PC, but on a Mac, Option-4 will give you ¢¢¢ (the cents symbol). In other words, hold down the Option key and tap the 4 button on the top row (not on the 10-key part of the keyboard, in case you have that). It's easy to remember because Shift-4 is the dollar sign. There are a lot of symbols you can make using that option key and the numbers on that top row. ;)

I think you ended up with a Mac for your new computer, yes? Not sure for a PC, but on a Mac, Option-4 will give you ¢¢¢ (the cents symbol). In other words, hold down the Option key and tap the 4 button on the top row (not on the 10-key part of the keyboard, in case you have that). It's easy to remember because Shift-4 is the dollar sign. There are a lot of symbols you can make using that option key and the numbers on that top row. ;)

And on a PC it's Alt + 0162 (as long as you have a number keypad) ¢¢¢

Back