Do you drop a ton of E while soaping?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boyago

Reaction score
It seems there are allot of soap instructional videos set to hardcore techno dance music. I feel like I am going to lose fillings mashing my teeth to get through the instructions.

I hate music on instructional videos. I want to listen to instructions, not some hideous music. I turn the volume off if their is music. Thats one reason I like soaping101 videos on youtube, no music, no excess talking, just nice simple instructions.

I thought it was just me! Glad I'm not the only one! I turn the volume down but afraid to mute completely just in case I miss some important tips or something.

I find most background music annoying. My mom used to say that if a speaker's words couldn't stand on their own, adding music wouldn't help. She was pretty smart!

I always wear my tin foil hat too..:grin:
truth is I turn the volume off, if there is music or someone says ummmm every second word.

LOL I am hoping I don't say Ummmm every other word....

But I too can't stand the music. I was watching one the other day that had horrible, ear piercing Christmas music. Just too much. I mute them if I can even get through them. I really like listening to people while they soap. :)

I'm also annoyed when people aren't organized, and they have to step away to get something. Didn't you know you were filming this? Or couldn't you stop filming & start over, or edit that part out?

Come to think of it, I don't like when they show mixing the soap. I know how to use the stick blender. I want to see the next part, please.

Sorry. I'm grumpy this morning. Won't my coworkers be happy to see me?

I don't like watching them mix, but I do like to see when they stop, so I can see the level of trace they have achieved.

I do mix in my videos. For some reason I enjoy watching this part. I figure people can fast forward. A lot of my customers watch my videos and they don't know about the mixing process :) It's also good for me to see. Sometimes I catch myself really over-mixing :)

I can't make myself watch a soap video that has music. I think for newer soapers or people who don't soap, it's important for them to HEAR what's going on during a batch. Not everyone understands what they're seeing. I want to listen to them tell me what they're experiencing, why they stop mixing when they do, what they're adding to their batch (cream, oats, colors, etc.), and if their FO is behaving. If they play music, I can't mute it for fear that I'll miss something if they do decide to actually talk. Someone else mentioned people who are completely unorganized and keep stepping away from the camera and I agree. I understand if the batch is going wonky and you have to improvise really quick but COME ON! You know your doing a video, get your act together. Another annoyance for me is people who label their videos "How to make ____ soap" then talk about EVERYTHING except making the soap for an hour. There is a lady who's videos I watch occasionally and I really like her personality but her videos are always over an hour long and the actual soaping bit is about 5-15 minutes. I have to skip through everything to see the bits that I want.

Latest posts

Back