DIYers - HDPE Sheets for Molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DIY plastic

Harry Potter? Magical Soapmaking... I could use a wand. Don't ya love the way Amazon remembers what you looked at last? When I scrolled down I remembered all the cool laser thermometers I had been looking at. :lol:

Pay attention to the ads at the top of forum pages. It's not just random forum adverts. Much of it will relate to searches you have done, whether it be ebay, amazon, google, whatever. Think about when you might have searched for related items when you look at advertising on different pages you visit. Much more pointed than in the past. Big brother is watching.

DIY plastic

Sorry, I guess I can't make your link work...it keeps coming up with stuff that I searched recently. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...the plastic sounds interesting. Thanks, Jan

Your link isn't going to where you want it to. It goes their main page which shows Harry Potter for the Kindle Fire.

I've never searched for Harry Potter or Kindle Fire so I know it's not my computer.

So Dennis, have you ever made molds with HDPE? I've got all kinds of questions! I hope you don't mind answering them.

My DH has all kinds of wood working equipment so he could make what ever I need. I'm just wondering how HDPE is for cutting on the table saw. And I suppose you'd want to router/smooth over the top edges somehow. Does it sand or router well? And is it easy to drill through?

So HDPE molds is supposed to be able to be used without having to line them right?

Thanks!

Stacy,

No, I have not made molds with HDPE, but am soon to change that. My work was cutting to make a attached guide for table saw fence and a router fence. As soon as my order arrives my plan will be put into action. Results will be posted with pics. There, I have really put my foot in my mouth now. I call it motivational speech. :D

If hubby is a woodworker, I'll bet he is somewhat familiar. Go to link:
http://www.plasticsmachining.com/magazi ... -HDPE.html

Back