Distinguishing Soap Recipes on Etsy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is from an avon book. Is this an example of what is being discussed here?

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1394817897.109852.jpg
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1394817906.608275.jpg

They are also good for bedazzling your juicy man. Which is what every girl wants to do...................

But also do check to see if these are actually listed as cosmetics anyway - as they look to be actually cosmetic products rather than soaps

I guess what I was asking or trying to point out with an example was that you cannot label your true soaps like shown here. Kind of not making any statements of qualities it has but rather pointing out ingredients and their "known" benefits.

So for what I understand avon did not have these tested to prove any qualities so they added that little circle of ingredients and their known qualities. Am I correct?

I actually don't have a man I wish to bedazzle but rather a woman :)
Lol

@coccamilia - no you cannot label your soaps with the text in those circles and still have them classified as "soap" per the FDA, nor can you market them that way even if that information does not appear on the label and have them classified as "soap". Cosmetics are not required to be tested either - that is where warning labels over misbranding come into play.

@coccamilia - no you cannot label your soaps with the text in those circles and still have them classified as "soap" per the FDA, nor can you market them that way even if that information does not appear on the label and have them classified as "soap". Cosmetics are not required to be tested either - that is where warning labels over misbranding come into play.

Gotcha! Ty for clarifying. I don't make soap or cosmetics yet just a few samples here and there but I'm interested in learning all the ins and outs. Let me tell you I'm so new at this research that it seems like I'm reading a foreign language lol

If you are selling soaps on a website. Can you have a page separate from the soap or sales page that talks about essential oils and their properties (for example), or talks about the health benefits of goat milk on your skin. Would this still be considered implying your soap has these properties. Even if it's just info on your website in a completely different location (ie. not in or near the description of your soap)??

If it is a page discussing aromatherapy and how essential oils are used in that practice you should be safe but it is a still a slippery slope....

Latest posts

Back