discoloration / Frosted Pinecone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey

Reaction score
We all know that FO/EO's with vanilla in it will discolor. This I know and am prepared for.

However I was taken by suprise when Frosted Pinecone from NG discolored on me because it doesn't have any vanilla listed in it.

http://www.naturesgardencandles.com/can ... e-Oil.html

Love the fragrance but sure would've like it ALOT more if stayed the nice lovely shade of green that I wanted instead of turning a copper penny brown. :( I went back and checked to see if there was anything on Frosted Pinecone on the Soap Scent Review Board and on NG's own site about it discoloring and there wasn't anything listed.

What's even more curious is that I used it in the Super Clear Melt and Pour base from Essentials by Catalina. So I can't blame the coloring on the lye monster or the color of the soaping oils.

The colorant I used was emerald green mica. It took about a week for the discoloration to turn.

I can't say that I know that I did anything WRONG so to speak...other than forgetting to expect the unexpected. :wink:

Sometimes FOs with spices in them can also discolor. At least that's my understanding.

Latest posts

Back