DHALIA and MAGNOLIA

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sygrid

Reaction score
As dhalia's don't really have a floral scent to speak of I've scented this one with a blend of sweet pea, carnation and rose.
dhalia1-1.jpg

This one is actually prettier in real life. I don't think the green backdrop does it justice but you get the overall.

Here's the Magnolia, and some better shots of the Roses
rosesandmagnolia2.jpg

rosesandmagnolia-1.jpg

That is gorgeous! It looks so delicate and it looks like you took hours to do it. I wouldn't be able to bring myself to use such a beautiful soap. :lol:

Hazel it only takes about 20 to make the first one, less time once you get a handle on how you want it to look. They are big, the Dhalia is a full 7 inches in diameter and weighs 4 oz, the magnolia 6 inches and weighs 1.2 oz, Peony 5.5inches 3.5 oz. Real showy. Definitely for the luxy tub, but I know they will never see water :roll:

When I suggest removing a petal and washing with it, they look at me like this :shock:

We put the Peony and the Dhalia in corsage boxes for our customers to take home.
The Roses (1.4 oz) and Calla Lilies ( 1oz) are on stems so they go into long stemmed rose boxes. Really a pretty presentation.

btw...that slinky thing...too funny.

Thanx everyone for your kind comments

Lorie

sygrid said:
When I suggest removing a petal and washing with it, they look at me like this :shock:

Lorie

I'd also look at you in shock and say "You want me to do what with it?" :lol:

I didn't realize it was that big. It's hard to get a perspective from pics. Very clever and what a great idea to put them in corsage boxes.

you do such beautiful work. Very creative. I definitely dont think i would use it. It would stay on display for everyone to say... WOW I cant believe thats soap.

Latest posts

Back