Currently curing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evatgirl73

Reaction score
Some experiments in color and other fun!

soap4.jpg

Crinkle cut "Endless Sea" which is now renamed "Summer Rain" because the aqua color turned purple, LOL! CPOP.
The orange swirl is made using a recipe I found here for a facial bar with mostly OO. CP and no gel, very soft still after 3-4wks but I think it will harden a bit more. I blame it on the OO. Scented with Yuzu Blossom.
The green/white one is especially for my sister who *loves* Lily of the valley. This one... meh, smells a bit PlayDoh-y to me honestly, but it was inexpensive. When I run out of this one I'll buy a nice one! CPOP.

soap5.jpg

Creamy yellow in the back is Sunflowers, came out really nice except the color wasn't as strong as I would have liked. Oh well, still works. Brushed some mica on top for extra bling. :) CPOP.
Pink flower shape is LoveSpell, oh my I *love* this FO!!! It smells exactly like one of my favorite candies from my childhood. CPOP in silicone mold.
The one in the middle... yeah, that's my first attempt at a salt bar. Reading up on it here, I decided to use rock salt. Everything went fine except for it crumbling when cutting (because of the chunkier salt). Next time I will use reg salt. It smells nice (Salty Sea Air) and has very fluffy lather. Very high CO and 20% SF and I hate to say it,but it does seem drying to me even though it's not supposed to be w salt.
Snowflake silicone molded is very pale green, and scented w Aloe & Tea tree. I'm going to call it Green Tea, LOL, it's OK but doesn't really stand out in any way.
Guess what the brown/pink one is..? LOL! Of course Pink Sugar. The pink fluff is unscented and I sprinkled actual pink sugar on top. CPOP.

Thanks for looking, I'm having lots of fun learning and experimenting!!

i love your salt bar. it looks like something you'd see in a spa sold for 10$. very unique and i love the texture on it.

Striking effect with the pink sugar! Ive never tried pink sugar,put off by the thought of more brown soap but what a clever idea that is. Looks amazing :)

I have a question. Are the soaps that have been molded CP? Can you pour CP soap into molds?. I have never done CP but I feel I am moving towards this soon . Thank You and your soap is LOVELY.

Thanks everyone!!
Yes, the molded soaps are CP, and put in the oven to force gel as well (but not as long as the "log"mold, just about 20-30min). They're made in the silicone molds for baking. :oops: I have an actual silicone soap log mold (what the others are made in) too which is sturdier but the baking ones seem to work well for the smaller soaps.

Back