Curragated molds,

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftymom0263

Reaction score
My husband has made me some soap molds out of plastic curragated cardboard. It is what politicians use for there signs. My question is should I line it with something? I line my wood mold with freezer paper I've seen it were done ladies line these molds with press and seal. Would that really work?

I've used coroplast without lining, but I don't have the ends permanently fastened, so I can unfold the ends to unmold it easy. I just tape the ends closed so I can unfold the mold. :)

As grayceworks says, most make them so they can be unfolded to unmold, no need to line if you do it that way. As for the political signs, watch out if they've got colored writing on them, it might transfer. If you use those you'll definitely want to line them.

Oh! Thank you for the warning! Some of the larger signs have a white side.
Then keep that in :) You can buy the corrugated sheets at Walmart or any arts & crafts store for pretty short money, too, if you can't find any that are uncolored on one side. Here's a video of how to make them [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Hd0eFrfYs&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Latest posts

Back