Sizes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfishingski

Reaction score
So I am very new and still haven't made my first soap but getting close. I have a couple questions you all can hopefully help me with planning on making cold process soap a 32oz batch in a 6 qt crockpot. Are the oils going to be deep enough in that size of crockpot to submerge my emulsion blender ? Also have plenty of scrap wood around I can make a mold out of and line with freezer paper . But I am trying to fig out what size to make it since soap deals with weights and not volume. Thinking 3.5 in wide x 2.5in deep but not sure how long would work for that size batch. TIA

So I am very new and still haven't made my first soap but getting close. I have a couple questions you all can hopefully help me with planning on making cold process soap a 32oz batch in a 6 qt crockpot. Are the oils going to be deep enough in that size of crockpot to submerge my emulsion blender ? Also have plenty of scrap wood around I can make a mold out of and line with freezer paper . But I am trying to fig out what size to make it since soap deals with weights and not volume. Thinking 3.5 in wide x 2.5in deep but not sure how long would work for that size batch. TIA

Maybe the 6qt will work? Idk it depends on how tall it is. Making a mold that can hold 1-2lb of oils is a good start.

Hi,
You'll want to use "total batch weight ". For your calculations. (Oils+lye solution)
Figure "volume" one bar. "3.5 x 2.5 x thickness x .40". Divide 32 with that. Go from there. Add extra to your mold height. Also, there are many mold makers online. Look at what there doing. Use there examples for reference.
99.9% of my equipment comes from $tore. Anything used for soap making. Should be dedicated to soap. 32oz oils, is only a quart.
You do not need a stick blender to make soap. They do help when you make larger batches. A good whisk will do. Especially for 32oz oils. Good luck.

Hi,
You'll want to use "total batch weight ". For your calculations. (Oils+lye solution)
Figure "volume" one bar. "3.5 x 2.5 x thickness x .40". Divide 32 with that. Go from there. Add extra to your mold height. Also, there are many mold makers online. Look at what there doing. Use there examples for reference.
99.9% of my equipment comes from $tore. Anything used for soap making. Should be dedicated to soap. 32oz oils, is only a quart.
You do not need a stick blender to make soap. They do help when you make larger batches. A good whisk will do. Especially for 32oz oils. Good luck.
Yes I knew you could whisk just thought the blender definitely speeds things up also it is a deer tallow soap which from what I have read can take a bit to come to trace with just a whisk. Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back