Curing soap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craftymom0263

Reaction score
I just got some orders for soap that people want for Christmas, is there any way that I can speed up the currying process. I just made the soap this week

Unfortunately, no. Nothing but time will cure the soap. That said, I saw a good recommendation from someone on here, about just labeling it as it won't be ready to use until...insert date here.

Unfortunately, there's just no substitute for a good lengthy cure, at least not in my opinion. I'm not in business, but if I were, I would not accept any orders with anything less than 6 weeks advance notice, no exceptions.

If it were me, I would play it safe and just say 'no' to them, or else tell them that they'll have to wait until after New Year's.

I've heard of some people putting a "Don't use until" date on the label, but speaking only for myself, I don't see this as a viable option since you just never know if something weird will happen to the soap in the days leading up to that date. Besides, you can't always trust that the recipients of the soap will see the instruction and/or and obey it.

That's just my 2 cents.

IrishLass :)

To be used in two weeks if you made it tomorrow? Even the nicest soap wont be very nice at 2 weeks.
I would either give them a date after which they can use it (if you can trust them, otherwise they may call you on Dec 26 telling you your soap is too harsh), or make melt and pour with nice bases.

In a lot of ways we all behave like kids around presents. Even if you put a "Preemie! do not use until xxxxx" sticker on it, I don't think most would wait. Even if the soap tests safe, you know it's not your best w/out the cure. I agree with Seawolfe - M&P would be the best way to go.

Isn't that the truth. haha. Or like new parents. I like Smee's comments on his disaster soap. Checked it before he went to bed at 12:30, got up at 3:30 to see how it was doing. :)

Latest posts

Back