CP Sugar Scrub Soap Scrubbies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsense

Reaction score
Hi all, I make these the 3-2-1 recicpe. When I make a batch of soap, I make extra and just pour it in a red plastic cup. The next day I shred it and remelt and remelt to make the scrubbies. Here is my question:

I was wondering (since I hate the shredding) is it possible to make them before the soap is saponified? In other words instead of pouring it in the cup, pour it in a bowl and then add the extra oils and sugar and pour it right into the little square molds? Has anyone tried this?

I have not tried that but if you want to make shredding a breeze go to a goodwill store or other discount store and look for a salad shooter. I bought one for $2 some years back at a tag sale and it does the shredding fast. Great invention!

I have and it got warm as the saponification reaction happened so the White sugar went brown. It also made them really sticky as the sugar half melted. Now they have been sitting around curing for about 3 months they are just about dry enough to use. I won't be repeating the method again though in a hurry!

Thanks so much for the responses! Ughh Brown & took 3 months. Sometimes I guess shortcuts aren't always the best, you just have to tough it out. I wonder if you could put them in the fridge to stop gel, and if that would help with the browning?

Dorymae, I actually have a salad shooter, I am going to try that today, thank you so much for the tip!

I would definitely refrigerate if you are going to try it. Would be interested in the results. I'm not at home right now but when I get back I will take s picture of the brown sticky cubes.

Back