Couple pics of my last couple soaps

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be proud! Are you more satisfied with the colors now?

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That last pic... I have no words to describe it besides soaper ****.

Buckscent

Reaction score
Be proud! Are you more satisfied with the colors now?
Yes, I think my issue was that I was using very very little colorants. I bumped them up and all seems to be fine

I think I have to now concentrate on detail, like clean edges, no shavings and such.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Yes, the last one is my favorite, also.:)

Buckscent

Reaction score
That work area alone... :mrgreen:
LOL, yea I have bought a lot of stuff. And thats only a little corner. Stared about 6 weeks ago I tend to go all out, I am making 1-2 loafs a day, or at least try

Have made body butters, thats easy... Trying bath bombs now, thats not as easy, mine look like they have warts all over them, think i am getting them to wet

doriettefarm

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, yea I have bought a lot of stuff. And thats only a little corner. Stared about 6 weeks ago I tend to go all out, I am making 1-2 loafs a day, or at least try

Have made body butters, thats easy... Trying bath bombs now, thats not as easy, mine look like they have warts all over them, think i am getting them to wet
If it makes you feel any better, bath bombs are tricky for me too. Still trying to find a no-fail recipe that works every time but the humidity seems to factor in quite a bit. I've had much better luck using a light oil like sunflower instead of hard oils/butters (these always sink instead of float). I also use 91% isopropyl alcohol to spritz instead of witch hazel because it contains less water and doesn't give me the warty looking bombs.

High-five on your soap with the piped top! I made soap for years before being brave enough to try it and yours looks great on the first attempt (jealous)! :mrgreen: