Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beyond frustrated. And “alternate reality” is a great way to describe them.

My vaccine is scheduled for January 4th at 3:30. It was the first available. They are only doing vaccines on Mondays and Thursdays. What a joke our employee heath is lol.

A couple of years ago with the old girls, they set up three stations for flu shots and had us just "badge in'. Go to the cafeteria,..get a flu shot. Got it all done in a week. these new girls are so afraid of us LOL. One vac every half hour. I have no words. But I am scheduled nonetheless

The general public will probably be vaccinated before we all get done at the hospital LOL

Edit: I stood there waiting for one of them to come in in the morning one time. They were supposed to be open at 7:30. I worked overnight so I waited for her to open. She walked in at 8:05. I was livid. Then she turned me away because I didn't do something right with my paperwork. Like put a date on it or something stupid. This was just to pick up proof of a flu shot for my other job. She stood there looking me in the face telling me the she was very busy...with a Starbucks coffee in her hand after I just saw her walk in the door. If she was like "OMG I am so sorry I'm late" I would have been fine with that. I left without my form...then got a phone call 15 minutes after I was already on my way home that it was ready to pick up. I stopped by the next morning and didn't get it again because she said that she didn't have a record of my flu shot.

So we have vaccines, but can only get them on her schedule...

My vaccine is scheduled for January 4th at 3:30. It was the first available. They are only doing vaccines on Mondays and Thursdays. What a joke our employee heath is lol.

A couple of years ago with the old girls, they set up three stations for flu shots and had us just "badge in'. Go to the cafeteria,..get a flu shot. Got it all done in a week. these new girls are so afraid of us LOL. One vac every half hour. I have no words. But I am scheduled nonetheless

The general public will probably be vaccinated before we all get done at the hospital LOL

Edit: I stood there waiting for one of them to come in in the morning one time. They were supposed to be open at 7:30. I worked overnight so I waited for her to open. She walked in at 8:05. I was livid. Then she turned me away because I didn't do something right with my paperwork. Like put a date on it or something stupid. This was just to pick up proof of a flu shot for my other job. She stood there looking me in the face telling me the she was very busy...with a Starbucks coffee in her hand after I just saw her walk in the door. If she was like "OMG I am so sorry I'm late" I would have been fine with that. I left without my form...then got a phone call 15 minutes after I was already on my way home that it was ready to pick up. I stopped by the next morning and didn't get it again because she said that she didn't have a record of my flu shot.

I am so sorry you are having to deal with such incompetence, Kim. As if you didn't have enough stress already! I read an article yesterday that this is happening in several places across the country. Evidently many people feel no urgency in administering the vaccine. All I can say, is HUH?!

We have people living in independent living apartments that got the vaccine before our hospital workers got it. Not to mention police, fire dept, or other first responders. I know they are at high risk (ish) but these are in independent living, not a nursing home. I am waiting for my phone call. I have registered for the vaccine with every doctor I have as well as my workplace.

We have people living in independent living apartments that got the vaccine before our hospital workers got it. Not to mention police, fire dept, or other first responders. I know they are at high risk (ish) but these are in independent living, not a nursing home. I am waiting for my phone call. I have registered for the vaccine with every doctor I have as well as my workplace.
I think that is what happens when politicians interfere with public health authorities recommendations. From what I understand the governors of Texas and Florida have decided not to follow the recommendations. I am married to a very, very high risk man and neither of us think as long as he is able to shelter here with his caregiver that he should receive the vaccine before first responders. It's shameful.

I just scheduled my vaccine for Monday morning (Dec.28th). I think if I had been paying attention, I could have gotten it on Thursday when most of my colleagues got it. But I usually only work on Friday, so didn't pay attention to the email. Oh well.

I just scheduled my vaccine for Monday morning (Dec.28th). I think if I had been paying attention, I could have gotten it on Thursday when most of my colleagues got it. But I usually only work on Friday, so didn't pay attention to the email. Oh well.
Good for you! I hope you have absolutely no side effects. Please let us know how it goes.

I didn't pay attention to my email either. So my first available was the 4th. Other than that, it wasn't available at all until the holiday was over. LOL. I have a consent form to sign...I can't figure out how to upload pics from my new computer yet so I will type it...excuse the typos

you should not get this vaccine if you had a severe reaction after a previous dose of this vaccine, had a reaction to any ingredient of this vaccine, are under 16 years of age, have any allergies, have a fever, have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinners, are immunocompromised, pregnant, breastfeeding, or have received another covid 19 vaccine.

Just basic stuff written out on a long bulletted form that you need to check off each box yes or no. I am weirded out about the "any allergies" part. I mean, almost everybody has allergies.

They opened up our covid units again. And sooo many ppl are coming in to the er with it..

Then I had a lady that knew she had it. Coughing, pulliing off her mask. I kept telling her to put her surgical mask on for transport. She didn't care... Taking it off to cough. Threw it on the floor, I got her another one and physically put it on her face. Finally I was like "YOU ARE EXPOSING EVERYBODY AROUND YOU PUT THE MASK ON" She was just really sloppy about it. Then I stopped someone in the hallway to tell them I had a covid pt and she got all "thats a hippa violation" on me lol. "There are no rules here, and if you PUT YOUR MASK ON there wouldn't be a problem"

She wouldn't move herself from her stretcher to the ct table. She is younger than me. I get it, she is sick. I personally moved myself from one bed to the other just to see what it is like...It is harder than to just stand up...which she COULD have. So we had to slide this mammoth of a woman (200kg) over and she scratched me, even through my ppe. OK you are so sick that you can't move over or get up to go on the table, BUT YOU MANAGED TO GET YOUR NAILS DONE (in my head, i din't say that to her lol) Finally she is on the table and I need some consent forms signed (which I should have done prior to moving her over).

She says she might be pregnant. SERIOUSLY??? Now everything is contaminated and every thing stops...Shes coughing all over the place and won't keep a mask on. I am dying of sweat in my ppe. I want to kill somebody at this point, Nurse comes in to do a preg test. Now another one exposed right? After the whole ordeal, she says she hasnt had sex in years. JC really? This is the reality that we live in. I had to shut down one ct scanner just to clean after her.

It ain't the parties or the family gatherings...It is people like this person here.

I didn't pay attention to my email either. So my first available was the 4th. Other than that, it wasn't available at all until the holiday was over. LOL. I have a consent form to sign...I can't figure out how to upload pics from my new computer yet so I will type it...excuse the typos

you should not get this vaccine if you had a severe reaction after a previous dose of this vaccine, had a reaction to any ingredient of this vaccine, are under 16 years of age, have any allergies, have a fever, have a bleeding disorder or are on a blood thinners, are immunocompromised, pregnant, breastfeeding, or have received another covid 19 vaccine.

Just basic stuff written out on a long bulletted form that you need to check off each box yes or no. I am weirded out about the "any allergies" part. I mean, almost everybody has allergies.

They opened up our covid units again. And sooo many ppl are coming in to the er with it..

Then I had a lady that knew she had it. Coughing, pulliing off her mask. I kept telling her to put her surgical mask on for transport. She didn't care... Taking it off to cough. Threw it on the floor, I got her another one and physically put it on her face. Finally I was like "YOU ARE EXPOSING EVERYBODY AROUND YOU PUT THE MASK ON" She was just really sloppy about it. Then I stopped someone in the hallway to tell them I had a covid pt and she got all "thats a hippa violation" on me lol. "There are no rules here, and if you PUT YOUR MASK ON there wouldn't be a problem"

She wouldn't move herself from her stretcher to the ct table. She is younger than me. I get it, she is sick. I personally moved myself from one bed to the other just to see what it is like...It is harder than to just stand up...which she COULD have. So we had to slide this mammoth of a woman (200kg) over and she scratched me, even through my ppe. OK you are so sick that you can't move over or get up to go on the table, BUT YOU MANAGED TO GET YOUR NAILS DONE (in my head, i din't say that to her lol) Finally she is on the table and I need some consent forms signed (which I should have done prior to moving her over).

She says she might be pregnant. SERIOUSLY??? Now everything is contaminated and every thing stops...Shes coughing all over the place and won't keep a mask on. I am dying of sweat in my ppe. I want to kill somebody at this point, Nurse comes in to do a preg test. Now another one exposed right? After the whole ordeal, she says she hasnt had sex in years. JC really? This is the reality that we live in. I had to shut down one ct scanner just to clean after her.

It ain't the parties or the family gatherings...It is people like this person here.
That’s such a sad story. I have no words. Cannot wait until you get the vaccine.

This is frustrating. FINALLY we got the vaccine in the county that i work in. They distributed to our hospital, but we cannot get it until the 28th because our employee health department is on xmas leave until after xmas. And then we need an appointment!

What in the actual (heck). I finally decided to take it. Even if i didnt i would be mad. How can they make that decision?? 2 girls that work in an office type setting saying no...they are on xmas leave.

So you guys get a week off, while we are working with covid pts. Our numbers are up, and this is your decision? Enjoy your time off.

Employee health, we cant even go there for our yearly tests....they even did away with our tb test, they are so afraid of being exposed to us.

AND THEN i was talking to this nurse tonight that said something about a waiver he had to sign. Im like “ what waiver”. He said he was given a waiver. I never got one, neither did trauma...i asked. Nobody heard of anything to sign.
How are they going to keep the vaccine at the proper temperature that long? Horrible, horrible mismanagement from the top down. The hospital had plenty of time to make a good plan.

How are they going to keep the vaccine at the proper temperature that long? Horrible, horrible mismanagement from the top down. The hospital had plenty of time to make a good plan.
I'm not sure about @Catscankim, but we are getting the Moderna vaccine - which doesn't need the minus 80F that the Pfizer vaccine needs.

I have no words. I'm angry just reading about what you had to endure. Know that there are a WHOLE lot of us who appreciate what you do!💗

I was talking to somebody last night that was second in line yesterday for the first day of vaccines. He said it was ridiculous and uncoordinated. Their were ppl there that weren't scheduled (doctor's wives)....like how did they get in for the first day of vaccines?? I guess they found a loophole.

It's not like we haven't done mass vaccines before...like the flu shot. I mentioned before that they held a campaign one week and stationed a few ppl at key places across different shifts...you badged in on their computer (proximity badge) and got your shot. No paperwork to fill out, your badge was your record. Done in a few days. They only have this available during their hours.... 8-4pm.

I can't speak on their logic for this lol. With this they are scheduling one person every 30 minutes. Crazy!! But then they had a line of people waiting. I am going to wait for the frenzy to be over and keep my Jan 4th appt.

I spoke to a few people, so far nobody had any ill-effects.

My roommate's Dad tested positive for covid-19. My roommate was visiting her parents over Christmas, so it's a fairly recent exposure. My roommate isn't showing any symptoms and she had it this summer. She's taken a covid-19 test, and it'll be a few days until we get the results back. Meanwhile, neither of us can go anywhere. She'll be working from home, and I'll be not working but also not disruptive. I'm pretty sure I had the virus this spring, but getting it again wouldn't be on my wishlist. This last week of 2020 is very 2020. 😑

I was talking to somebody last night that was second in line yesterday for the first day of vaccines. He said it was ridiculous and uncoordinated. Their were ppl there that weren't scheduled (doctor's wives)....like how did they get in for the first day of vaccines?? I guess they found a loophole.

It's not like we haven't done mass vaccines before...like the flu shot. I mentioned before that they held a campaign one week and stationed a few ppl at key places across different shifts...you badged in on their computer (proximity badge) and got your shot. No paperwork to fill out, your badge was your record. Done in a few days. They only have this available during their hours.... 8-4pm.

I can't speak on their logic for this lol. With this they are scheduling one person every 30 minutes. Crazy!! But then they had a line of people waiting. I am going to wait for the frenzy to be over and keep my Jan 4th appt.

I spoke to a few people, so far nobody had any ill-effects.
I actually thought where I had the vaccine it was pretty well organized. My appointment was for 9:30 and they were scheduled every 10 minutes. There were 3 stations for injections, so they could have 18 people every hour. I was taken about 15 minutes early and had to wait 1/2 hour after the shot, but I was out of there by 9:45.

my cousin in law (if that is a thing) works at a hospital and got her vaccine recently. She knows we won’t be able to get it for a while, but wanted to give us her recommendation to schedule it for a weekend or when we will have time off after. Apparently she wasn’t feeling too well initially or it was up and down. It is probably different for everybody though. She mentioned that the follow up shot will be in January and that one is supposed to be stronger, I would be curious to see what everyone’s experience is, who have had the shot.

my cousin in law (if that is a thing) works at a hospital and got her vaccine recently. She knows we won’t be able to get it for a while, but wanted to give us her recommendation to schedule it for a weekend or when we will have time off after. Apparently she wasn’t feeling too well initially or it was up and down. It is probably different for everybody though. She mentioned that the follow up shot will be in January and that one is supposed to be stronger, I would be curious to see what everyone’s experience is, who have had the shot.
To my knowledge, the 2nd dose is stronger.

My roommate's Dad tested positive for covid-19. My roommate was visiting her parents over Christmas, so it's a fairly recent exposure. My roommate isn't showing any symptoms and she had it this summer. She's taken a covid-19 test, and it'll be a few days until we get the results back. Meanwhile, neither of us can go anywhere. She'll be working from home, and I'll be not working but also not disruptive. I'm pretty sure I had the virus this spring, but getting it again wouldn't be on my wishlist. This last week of 2020 is very 2020. 😑
One of the nurses that I work with had covid early on. She gets tested for antibodies every week and she is still testing positive for antibodies. I know there are a lot of uncertainties, but hopefully your room mate can't spread it back to you, knowing that she already had it...hopefully that means it isn't going to spread. I have some mixed opinions that I won't share on this (not you, the whole rest of it), but keeping my fingers crossed for you. Has she been tested for antibodies? Blood donations is a good way to get a free antibody test...

They are letting covid+ workers back into work at the hospital if they don't have symptoms, even if they are still positive on their repeat test. Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but somebody knows something we don't.

It went from sanitizing walls and floors in the lobby in the beginning, shutting down hallways to transport covid pts, to only cleaning certain areas and transporting patients all over the place... to letting positive workers come back to work based on them saying they don't have symptoms... over the phone, without a follow up at employee health or dr note. For pete's sake, we needed a dr note to come back to work if we were out more than 2 days prior to this. Now you can be out for 10 or 14 and simply tell them you feel better and come back, even still positive. I am not a dr or nurse, so I would like someone who knows better to explain this to me LOL.

I had a patient brought to me from the covid floor. The nurse had on a surgical mask, and literally nothing else. Fiddling with the iv with her bare hands. yeah...that's a bad habit for all of us, but this was a covid patient. What happened to the astronaut/bunny suits? Now no gloves even. Bad practice on a regular day, but we are all guilty of that. I can't even start an iv with gloves on. But with covid patients? And from the covid floor none the less.

I work at two hospitals. I thought this was just at my main job. But my part-time job is the same way.

One of the nurses that I work with had covid early on. She gets tested for antibodies every week and she is still testing positive for antibodies. I know there are a lot of uncertainties, but hopefully your room mate can't spread it back to you, knowing that she already had it...hopefully that means it isn't going to spread. I have some mixed opinions that I won't share on this (not you, the whole rest of it), but keeping my fingers crossed for you. Has she been tested for antibodies? Blood donations is a good way to get a free antibody test...

They are letting covid+ workers back into work at the hospital if they don't have symptoms, even if they are still positive on their repeat test. Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but somebody knows something we don't.

It went from sanitizing walls and floors in the lobby in the beginning, shutting down hallways to transport covid pts, to only cleaning certain areas and transporting patients all over the place... to letting positive workers come back to work based on them saying they don't have symptoms... over the phone, without a follow up at employee health or dr note. For pete's sake, we needed a dr note to come back to work if we were out more than 2 days prior to this. Now you can be out for 10 or 14 and simply tell them you feel better and come back, even still positive. I am not a dr or nurse, so I would like someone who knows better to explain this to me LOL.

I had a patient brought to me from the covid floor. The nurse had on a surgical mask, and literally nothing else. Fiddling with the iv with her bare hands. yeah...that's a bad habit for all of us, but this was a covid patient. What happened to the astronaut/bunny suits? Now no gloves even. Bad practice on a regular day, but we are all guilty of that. I can't even start an iv with gloves on. But with covid patients? And from the covid floor none the less.

I work at two hospitals. I thought this was just at my main job. But my part-time job is the same way.
This is very interesting. That’s all I’ll say...

Latest posts

Back