Coronavirus

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, we must be. The whole family came down with something during last year's winter break. It went from not feeling well for me - to full on fever and such for my hubby. Both kids were off a bit as well. This went on for 8 days, thereabouts. My oldest kid is sure it was covid.
Well, let's hope that it was! Then you have no worries.

Well not exactly - since no one seems to know how long immunity lasts.
The lastest studies say that immunity lasts several months or longer. The earlier studies said that it was very short-lived, but they have corrected that assumption. Unless you know something I don't? If I thought I might have had Covid, I would certainly get an antibody test to see if I had them. It has not been difficult to get that test in my area yet.

Well, let's hope that it was! Then you have no worries.

We have an active homeless population, all are still going strong. I just wonder what the other places are doing for their numbers to be so high. There have been 3 covid warnings from my granddaughter's school, she was not in the area the infected people were in. I fear that all of us will get this virus, one way or another.

The lastest studies say that immunity lasts several months or longer. The earlier studies said that it was very short-lived, but they have corrected that assumption. Unless you know something I don't? If I thought I might have had Covid, I would certainly get an antibody test to see if I had them. It has not been difficult to get that test in my area yet.
Not difficult but expensive.

After taking all the precautions my husband brought it home from his 1-day week transport job for a retirement facility. He always wore his mask was over six feet from the passengers on his bus, but it did not help us. We have both been very sick since before Thanksgiving. I came down with it a week after my husband and this is the first day I have really been up. This is a very nasty dangerous virus so anyone that ignores the warnings I very much hope you do not get it. I am very concerned about my husband he is not getting over it. I have been fortunate to have not had it as bad, but bad enough, but my husband just cannot shake it. This Virus is Not a game, and I for one will most likely risk taking the vaccine when it comes available.
Carolyn, I am so sorry to read this. My prayers for you both.

Our governor is worried about the very steep increase in hospitalizations in Virginia and just today imposed a curfew for bars and dropped gathering size back to 10. I think it’s going to be a very long winter with high mental health costs for many.

My bright spot today was doing a zoom drop-in session for the graduate students in the program I administer. Only a handful showed up, but those that did seem to be doing well/staying resilient.

My DIL's maternity leave ends tomorrow. My not-quite-3-months-old grandson was supposed to start daycare on Monday. They found out that there was a confirmed covid case (in the infant room) at the daycare and it is closed for 10 days. I'm thankful it happened before he went, but I do hope that little infected baby is okay and the other babies in that room don't get sick.

Our governor is worried about the very steep increase in hospitalizations in Virginia and just today imposed a curfew for bars and dropped gathering size back to 10. I think it’s going to be a very long winter with high mental health costs for many.

My bright spot today was doing a zoom drop-in session for the graduate students in the program I administer. Only a handful showed up, but those that did seem to be doing well/staying resilient.
I read that today as I follow Virginia. My daughter is a nurse in Roanoke. What program do you administer? I bet that was a bright spot!

Some of the blood banks are offering free antibody tests with a blood donation.
That is an option for some. My dad was a dedicated donor. I always envied him that, but I was rejected for donation a couple of times in my career, for not meeting the minimum weight requirement and also exposure to certain infectious diseases in my workplace, then my doctor advised against it, so I quit trying to donate. Now I do meet the weight requirement, however, I am on medications that are not acceptable for blood donation. Sadly, even though my blood type is the universal plasma donor, and I would donate, but I do not meet the criteria.

I wish people would stop being stupid and STOP having ANY gatherings !
Yeah Yeah boo hoo, you miss your friends, extended family.

It isn't going to end until people start staying away from others.
We here are having a big spread just because of this. People thinking they won't get it and their "friend' is the only person they see.... ummm are you stapled to their hip 24 hours a day? Then NO you don't know where they have been and it is not safe.

I still shudder when I have to go to the grocery. I go every 2-3 weeks, glad it is only my DD and I.
Everything get wiped off with alcohol and I still don't buy fresh fruit or veggies. I'm just not.
Then again I can't take any chances. Do I sound paranoid? Sure, wish more people would.
If something happens to me my DD is all alone, there is no one to take her. And with mental issues that makes it harder.

So please people, the holiday is upon us. Stay Home.

Some of the blood banks are offering free antibody tests with a blood donation.
The CDC is now saying that you can trust you have 3 months, if not more, of immunity if you have had Covid, but they also recommend that people who have had Covid take the vaccine. Just thought I would pass that along to you, Kim. Hope things are going well.

So every year I take the week before Christmas off for my vacation. I use this time to clean and catch up on household stuff. I also spend a day baking lots and lots of Christmas cookies. I usually make boxes up for my neighbors. My son asked if I was still doing it this year due to the pandemic. He just wanted to make sure I was still making cookies for us! But although I was still planning to bake cookies for my neighbors, my son got me thinking. What is your opinion? Should I hold off sending homemade cookie to my neighbors this year?

So every year I take the week before Christmas off for my vacation. I use this time to clean and catch up on household stuff. I also spend a day baking lots and lots of Christmas cookies. I usually make boxes up for my neighbors. My son asked if I was still doing it this year due to the pandemic. He just wanted to make sure I was still making cookies for us! But although I was still planning to bake cookies for my neighbors, my son got me thinking. What is your opinion? Should I hold off sending homemade cookie to my neighbors this year?
It's hard to know what to do! I usually do this too, and I have read that the experts say there is no risk. However, I think a lot of people will throw them in the garbage if I hand them out this year, so I am leaning toward not doing it. It's pretty labor intensive, and it's expensive, and I hate to think of them being thrown away. I'm sure my neighbors would not tell me if that was what they were planning to do in order not to hurt my feelings.

Don't send anything. If my neighbor did that, even if I loved them dearly, I would toss in trash with a glove on.
Why risk it. Send an email that says "sorry no cookies this year just a no touch Card :) "
I don't even want to touch mail because there have been many hand touching it

It's hard to know what to do! I usually do this too, and I have read that the experts say there is no risk. However, I think a lot of people will throw them in the garbage if I hand them out this year, so I am leaning toward not doing it. It's pretty labor intensive, and it's expensive, and I hate to think of them being thrown away. I'm sure my neighbors would not tell me if that was what they were planning to do in order not to hurt my feelings.
My daughter was going to order cookies from her sister to give to the neighbors but backed off. They are a lot of work and I am afraid they would get thrown away, although my daughter did recently get a cookie order from a co-worker of her husband. My daughter puts a tremendous amount of work into her cookie decorating so I told her to just send us some.

I want to thank all of you for the well wishes. Hopefully, we are finally turning the corner with this miserable virus, but it is costing us spending the Holiday with my granddaughter I so badly miss. :-(

Latest posts

Back