College Kid Prayers

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artemis

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
If you are the praying kind...

It's exam season, so obviously pray for all the college kids. But, my own freshman is having her last finals today and tomorrow. She's on the edge of panic and far from home. She has some special issues that make things a little harder for her than other kids.

Thanks
--Art

Will.
We just finished finals at our school last week. Somehow it still stresses me out (and not just because of the grading part) almost as much as the students.

I'll add her to my list tonight artemis. I know it's stressful for the student but not many people realize how stressful it is for the parents! My daughter just finished her written and practical exams in dentistry last week and I was a mess until she called me. Omni is on my prayer list and so are you, artemis!:)

not many people realize how stressful it is for the parents! My daughter just finished her written and practical exams in dentistry last week and I was a mess until she called me. Omni is on my prayer list and so are you, artemis!:)

Yes! If this were my other daughter, I would would not feel like this. But Omni has special concerns and this freshmen year has been such an adjustment for her!

And here some kids are gearing up to start a new school year lol

Will include your daughter in our prayers and sending out good vibes right now :)

How'd the exams go? :)
Thanks for asking!

Kind of mixed. This was definitely a year of adjustment! She was salutatorian at her small high school-- she could just absorb the information while sitting in class. You can't really do that in college. So, I would say: better than she feared, not quite as good as she hoped. I think she'll do better in the fall.

Artemis...I'm just seeing this...my prayers are a little late to the game, so let's just pay them forward to next semester.
My kids were both the same way--crazy smart, but college is a different deal...lot's of freedom, and less structure often leads to wasted time. Our daughter is my hero. She was diagnosed with bipolar at the end of her freshman year, and we almost lost her to an eating disorder (Bipolar usually comes with little "bonuses.") twice. I never imagined she could live independently. Fast forward about 3 years, and she's doing great...living her dream in NYC, with an incredible career. She's happy, healthy and has rediscovered her faith. #GodIsGood #AllTheTime

My kids were both the same way--crazy smart, but college is a different deal...lot's of freedom, and less structure often leads to wasted time. Our daughter is my hero. She was diagnosed with bipolar at the end of her freshman year, and we almost lost her to an eating disorder (Bipolar usually comes with little "bonuses.") twice.
This gives me such hope! Our 13 y o has anxiety that seems to be getting better lately (although if he ends up with a bipolar dx I won't be surprised). Our 10 y o has OCD, ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder and a visual-spatial disorder that means he can barely read. On the one hand, every single thing he achieves, given what's going on in his brain, really is a victory. On the other, BOY is he tough to parent. I do worry about the future but your story gives me hope!!!

Funny thing about learning disabilities and kids going through school vs university. They have to have their own motivation and determination as well as deciding that real adult life requires education unless you just want to fight for every promotion.

My son, who is dyslexic and has ADHD, is currently on the dean's list. You could have knocked me over with a feather. He was NOT the kid that did well in school! He fought me and his teachers every step of the way. Dropped out and took his GED. He took the long, hard road going anywhere but college. Then he started trying to get decent paying jobs to support himself. He had a 4.0 his first semester, and has maintained at least a 3.5 since. He has a good job right now, and going to be doing better once he has that degree.

Don't give up hope, parents. They do eventually get a clue.

She was diagnosed with bipolar at the end of her freshman year... #GodIsGood #AllTheTime

After an extremely hard 5th grade with an unfeeling teacher, Omni was diagnosed with Asperger's, which often comes with a side of OCD. She is still very much like that 12 year old kid on the inside. We are waiting with baited breath to see where God is taking her on this journey.

Back