Christmas 2018

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too late to make soap but you still have time for some creative wrapping!

61BB630F-3C7E-4E4D-A8C3-62C8F2EE3F01.jpeg 869A3FFA-7B14-4110-915E-780FB2EE1829.jpeg 501EFCAE-F46E-4307-89E1-A36D86F6A11C.jpeg 5DC5717B-97A3-4BCD-BEA8-091709B05A96.jpeg

Last edited:
@ Maria - Define "Christmas Spirit". Gift giving has gotten so out of hand it's become more of a burden or competition than an opportunity for sharing love and joy of the season. Hard to come by these days, IMO.

For me, Christmas is about creating memories...

I remember our first Christmas together 44 years ago with Jim and all 7 kids (combined family). We didn't have a lot of money at the time so we made do with our wits and creativity. There were a lot of tumbleweeds in the area at that time. I drove the station wagon, loaded up with whoever was on hand and we went out and collected those tumbleweeds -- made 2-3 trips. We stacked them up like a very tall tree in the living room that had a cathedral celing. We wrapped white mini-lights around it, giving the tree a warm glow. We strung popcorn and cranberries just like in the olden days. Labor intensive but many hands not only made light work, but an opportunity for us to do a project together. Fun time. The kids still talk about that tree.
What a story! Thanks for sharing! For years we have tried to de-stress Christmas. Last July I posed to my family that since all the kids are grown and we already have too much stuff, this year, let's exchange gifts that are homemade or tickets to events. It's ruffled some feathers so I'm anxious to see how it goes. My recipients are getting a boat load of soap!

I had posted this on my Instagram
_20181212_205117.JPG

FYI, SM and Ayala are Mall chains.. Big ones. Noche Buena is our Christmas Eve meal..
And the corresponding post
Screenshot_20181212-211825.png

Just thought I'd share

I had posted this on my Instagram
View attachment 33694
FYI, SM and Ayala are Mall chains.. Big ones. Noche Buena is our Christmas Eve meal..
And the corresponding post
View attachment 33698
Just thought I'd share

I agree with you! These big business are making money all year round. Our family usually buys gift from tiangge than malls.
Oh how I miss Christmas in the Philippines.

Thank you for keeping us on our toes this year Relle.
Your reminders were a great motivator to getting things done.

I hope you have a very happy christmas and a fabulous new year. :)

Back