Christmas 2016

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Relle! How could I have forgotten your concern and generosity in torturing...er..taunting? No, that's not it. Ah, yes! Tracking the weeks until Christmas to help others remain focused on what needs to be done to be ready.

So kind of you.

Everyone pretty much has soaps from me already that are going to appreciate and use them, except maybe a couple. I have a stock ready for that of lavender, and one daughter fell in love with sugar scrubs over the summer so the twins will get those. My darling little dread-headed apprentice is eagerly awaiting time to make more bath stuff. I am assuming he will be bringing a list over of people to make gifts for as well.

But overall, I am not as ready as I would like to be either. We spent half of August and all of September and October making Halloween costumes, then with two grandbaby birthday this month and life in general, there hasn't been enough time to play as much as I would like.

So I am thinking sugar scrubs and bath bombs and lip balms this year, especially since everyone will think they know that they will be getting soap. Surprise! Kinda, anyway.

Panic stations! Panic stations! (yeah I procrastinated and now I'm behind on my soaping schedule. Thank goodness today and tomorrow are going to be cool-ish, I can crack out a few batches. I hate soaping when it's hot.)

I still have three soaps to go...

I'll have to label them again this year: do not open until [2 months after I've let these cure].

I really need to get better at planning stuff.
Maybe start making christmas soaps half a year before the fact. It'll give them enough time to cure at least ;)

Ack!! Thanks for the reminder, Relle. Really, how does it creep up on me every year???

Right?! I did better than I usually do - I soaped a bunch in October. Cutting myself off of CP for now, though I might actually try my hand at some very basic M&P to beef up my offerings a bit. I'm making a large donation to the YWCA - they currently have about 40 clients who they are helping with DV issues. They have a Santa's Workshop where these women get toys for their kids for Christmas and I'm donating a bunch of soaps, lotions, lip balms, etc. My kid friendly soaps were kind of a bust - birthday cake discolored BAD and pineapple is sort of dark golden brown...but that might darken more too. I think I'll get some MP and do a something with mica.

Oh Relle! How could I have forgotten your concern and generosity in torturing...er..taunting? No, that's not it. Ah, yes! Tracking the weeks until Christmas to help others remain focused on what needs to be done to be ready.

So kind of you.

Ha, ha, we are now at 40 sleeps to go.

Ha, ha, we are now at 40 sleeps to go.

Ha, ha, I don't care since I'm not giving soap this year.

I'm giving IOUs. Just kidding. Actually, I'm making easy stuff like bombs, melts and scrubs. If they want soap, I'll point them to the areas of the house where I've stored soap. Then I'll hand them a bag and tell them to knock themselves out.

I agree with MX6! People get year old soaps from me all the time. My strategy is to give a mix of pretty bars and "ugly" bars - bars where the color is weird or ugly, or the scent has faded. I figure they'll use the ugly bars first, then realize the soap is great and they won't "save" the pretty bars until the scent totally fades (or until they get DOS). I'm always scolding people and telling them, "I don't care how pretty it is, stop SAVING it! Use it up!"

I made an OMH soap almost 2 years ago and I'm not a big fan of it. My mom loves it tho and requests it every time she runs low.

Alright, you two have convinced me.
I think I'll do a mix of the old soaps and the new soaps I did/do manage to make.

Especially now.

back story time:
I live in a house that will get demolished around the end of February.
I had some trouble finding a new place and stuff was getting stressful as the move out date was getting closer.
And then lo and behold, today I rang to check if there was a house available annnnnnnnnd now I have to move out of my current place within the next three weeks and move in to a new place!!! Eek!

In other words, I now have a valid excuse if I slack off with the gift giving this year ;)

2015 I made what I thought was the perfect Christmas soap. Only sold a couple so I put them in storage and brought them out for 2016. I've already sold out!
So I will be making more in 2017. At least with soap it doesn't go bad. Whew!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back