Christmas 2016

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have decided to make jam to go along with the soaps that I gift this Christmas. I do have the 1/1 batch of Castille set aside too. Could be OO soap and jams for those on Santa's list this year.
We'll see how much energy I have left when the blackberries come on in a couple of weeks.:think:

That sounds like a good gift! See... All my nice simple ideas turn into many complicated ideas: hmmm.... blackberry jam with a MATCHING soap. Blackberry jam, a matching soap, and a washcloth in a COORDINATING color. Blackberry jam, matching soap, coordinating cloth, in a cute BASKET! And so on.

I'm making a pino noir spiced cranberry soap for gifts today! I'll post some pictures once it's cut! Nothing fancy just the colour from the wine because I have a feeling this FO is not going to behave..

In the next month or so I'm going to have to break down and place an order with Pure Fragrance for their Apple Jack & Peel - my absolute fav APJ. I've been hoping they'd have a sale but I don't think they do sales. I need to sit down and make a plan and start on my fall and winter soaps now. Mom and I like to make a batch of our red and green bordered soap for Christmas. And we always put it off too long!

Going to splurge on scent samples soon!

Also ended up with a slightly gentler cp soap formula for this years soap bars.
Though it still has this lovely creamy, thick lather :)

My plans have changed slightly. Not sure if I'm going overboard with the bath goodies.

3-4 soap bars
2 bath bombs
1 shampoo bar
1 shower jelly
1 candle
annnnd some muscle balm.
Maybe some bath caviar (urea pearls).

Going to splurge on scent samples soon!

Also ended up with a slightly gentler cp soap formula for this years soap bars.
Though it still has this lovely creamy, thick lather :)

My plans have changed slightly. Not sure if I'm going overboard with the bath goodies.

3-4 soap bars
2 bath bombs
1 shampoo bar
1 shower jelly
1 candle
annnnd some muscle balm.
Maybe some bath caviar (urea pearls).

Ooh, bath caviar sounds interesting! ANd what's a shower jelly?

I don't think that's going overboard at all! Unlike candy and cookies, that stuff's not bad for you and it doesn't go bad/stale. Everybody around me - friends, family, co-workers -gets 6 or more bars of soap for Christmas.

Ooh, bath caviar sounds interesting! ANd what's a shower jelly?

I don't think that's going overboard at all! Unlike candy and cookies, that stuff's not bad for you and it doesn't go bad/stale. Everybody around me - friends, family, co-workers -gets 6 or more bars of soap for Christmas.

Oh good, then I'm a little less worried :)
I just feel like christmas is the perfect time to put in effort to spoil the people around me. The cozier, the better!

Bath caviar (as it's called over here) is also called bath beads I think.
They're little beads of urea, that you can scent and colour as you please.
You can then sprinkle about 1/4th-1/2 a cup into the bath (or use it for a foot bath if you don't have a bath tub) and have a nice soak in it. They say urea's good for your skin and leaves it nice and soft.

Oh and a shower jelly is thisnthing I saw at Lush!
It feels a bit like a squishy jello jiggler/pudding, but you can use it as a body wash/ soap hybrid.
There are a few recipes out on the web, so I really want to try it.

Last edited:
Oh, those aren't quite what I have over here...
But that looks pretty neat too!

badkaviaar.jpg
This is more what I meant, really tiny beads, about the size of the head of a sewing pin.

The Great Elimination rounds have started over here in picking potential FO candidates. Right now I have about 30 scents listed. This is going to be tough!

I am starting to plan all my Christmas soaps and figure out what I need to order still.

I just got information for what could be my first ever Christmas craft fair. I'm waiting to find out about attendance numbers for past years. Then I'm going to start getting my stock made.

Christmas is now only 100 sleeps away!!

I managed to make my first loaf of soap!
3-5 more to go! I want to be finished by mid November, so each bar gets enough time to initially cure.
Though the lather of this low CO recipe seriously improves after 2-4 months.

I've also started watching a craftsy series of lessons by Betz White (Fab Felt Holiday) which shows you how to make lots of cute decorations from (wool)felt :D (Like tree ornaments, little felted houses and trees, garlands..)
So I'm totally getting into the spirit.

Though my gift plans keep changing.
The bars of soap are real... but the rest? I can't make up my mind!

Got sleighs with different colored packages and some with glitter, Candles, Santa heads and soap without Palm oil ready to go.

If you are making gift baskets for folks or markets. I saw some nice "Spa" gloves. They are not that expensive and are so nice. I use them every day so now I will add them :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back