Christmas 2015

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I already made a large batch of Castille (well, Bastille, but very close to Castille) for next Christmas. It's curing in the guest bedroom now, imparting a nice evergreen scent to the room.

I do find it works best with 10-11 months to cure. I still have several batches to go, so I'd best get cracking through February. Then I get to rest (except for incidental gifts and home use) until September/October when the rest of the soap gets made for Christmas.

Stop reminding me. I just botched a batch due for Christmas. :)

Relle, you are either a demon prodding us with a pitchfork to the butt or an angel of inspiration. Either way, I'm plotting my Enchanted Forest soap now. Darn you!
Soapers live in the future, but ironically cut their soaps too early. :)

Wow, enchanted Forest sounds intriguing. That I can't wait to see!

Relle, you are either a demon prodding us with a pitchfork to the butt or an angel of inspiration. Either way, I'm plotting my Enchanted Forest soap now. Darn you!
Soapers live in the future, but ironically cut their soaps too early. :)

I'd like to think the angel of inspiration and PLANNING :angel:.

Another week gone by and everyone's another week older, but are you wiser ?

44 weeks to go.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1427415731.548755.jpgi thought of your thread when I saw this!

I just started thinking about my christmas soaps.
It's the one time I can splurge on big batches (1kg+ oils:p) of soap, so I can make those beautiful slab/loaf style soaps:)

There is definitely going to be a peppermint soap in the batch, but other than that I'm not sure.
Maybe a castile, but I'd have to start now...

I just calculated how much it'd cost me in total to make app. 5 scented bars per person ( 3 unisex scents and 2 specifically girly or manly scents, so 7 loaves in total), and it came down to 67 euro...or 7.50 per person :D And that's just for the people closest to me, who will get 5 bars (any leftover bars will be randomly given away to friends/less close family).
that's SO doable and even leaves room for some fudge/chocolates.

Exciteddddd :D
I really hope I'll succeed. But you know what that means?
I'll have to practice soapmaking all through spring and summer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back