Christmas 2013

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hazel, here's yours - you'll never get off the island. :lolno: NEVER - diabolical laugh.

castaway.gif

Six sound good to me. How many more do you have to do?

@ kazmi - Cranberry pomegranate sounds wonderful! I'm sure people won't care about the appearance as long as it smells good.

@ Relle - I used that one since I didn't have one of a chicken with its head chopped off. :lol:

I haven't decided who gets one yet, so I'm just making some... I guess around 30
(pieces of soap, by the way, not bars... I make small batches!)

Soaped two batches on Sunday. Chamomile & Lavender and Honey & Oats...only three more batches to go!

Those sound great! Did you scent the Honey & Oats with a honey scent or just using honey in it?

I haven't decided who gets one yet, so I'm just making some... I guess around 30
(pieces of soap, by the way, not bars... I make small batches!)

I make small batches, too. However, I've switched to cutting the bars smaller or using small individual cavity molds. I really don't give out much soap anymore at Christmas. People keep insisting they have plenty. I don't know why. :lol:

Those sound great! Did you scent the Honey & Oats with a honey scent or just using honey in it?

I make small batches, too. However, I've switched to cutting the bars smaller or using small individual cavity molds. I really don't give out much soap anymore at Christmas. People keep insisting they have plenty. I don't know why. :lol:

Uh! I volunteer to take some off your hands ;) I'm not at the "have plenty" stage yet!

I have gotten lots of Christmas "orders"already from friends and family, but since I just started,I have only made small batches. Time is running out to get enough made and cured for everyone. Any suggestions to get a lot made. Big molds? Small bars? Few ingredients? Should I try hot process to have some ready-to-give-away bars?

Thanks everyone. I love looking at all these great soaps and posts.

I have gotten lots of Christmas "orders"already from friends and family, but since I just started,I have only made small batches. Time is running out to get enough made and cured for everyone.

You will start to notice your friends and family become more and more interested in you now that you are making soap...lol

You can do both, make a larger batch or do HP, but either way, make sure they are cured at least 4 weeks before you give them away. Try doubling one of your recipes and use a shoe box lined with a plastic garbage bag or freezer paper for a larger mold...then beg your family for fancier molds in return... :)

I knocked out three batches this morning. Woo hoo! Used a cardboard box to make one pound of experimental shampoo bar, then mixed up my first big batch (5 lb) of a very basic CO, PO and OO, then divided into two batches.... one country Christmas scent, and one white tea and ginger. No colorant yet, so it went fast. I don't mind, given that the FOs have their own effect; the Christmas one is turning a light brown, and white tea is staying white.... for the moment. Perhaps I can find myself a few stamps to "spruce them up".

I have a Wal-Mart 4 lb spaghetti box already lined with freezer paper for tonight's bayberry soap. Hmm, wonder if I can finish off this cartoon of OJ before I set up tonight's meth lab? ;)

I wish it was showing off, but I only make one and two pound batches, but it sounds impressive when I can say that I made four of them. LOL

Latest posts

Back