Christmas 2013

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd say yes since a lot of my recipes have 40% up to 50% OO content and I feel they're acceptable after 4 weeks. I prefer to let my batches cure at least 6 weeks. This isn't something other people do. I'm just weird this way.

eta: This is assuming you're not using any other really soft oils like apricot or hazelnut. I've found those are nicer after an even longer cure. Are you using a water discount? This also helps shorten curing.

Last edited:
Thanks Hazel!
I use palm, palm kernel, coconut and shea and castor. And sometimes almond (but in really low %). I don't discount water, I leave it as it is in soapcalc, 38% I think

I think it sounds fine with those oils even without a water discount. Most of my recipes with OO, PO, CO, shea and castor have cured well in 4 to 6 weeks. You'll have about 6 weeks for curing and still time to wrap. :thumbup:

Are you using water or another liquid? If you're using heavy cream, I'd recommend a 6 week cure but again, this is just my opinion.

Hippy Christmas being made today. Nothing like waiting until the last minute (even though I do have Reindeer Poo already curing).

I heard the first Christmas song today on the radio - Feliz Navidad by Jose Feliciano.

I'll know it's really close to Christmas when I finally hear...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oOzszFIBcE[/ame]

It's snowing right now so it really is starting to feel like Christmas right around the corner. Glad I got mine done a few weeks ago Whew!

Not feeling like Christmas here, it's been raining the last 2 days, waiting for the hot weather to come back.:smile:

Well, gas prices are down so people will shop this holiday season. Hubby just drove threw TX oil fields and he says they are pumping like mad. Hmm I bet I know what will happen after christmas.

I just sold $450 in soap today and now I'm panicking I'm not going to have enough for the mall.... :lolno:

The next 2 weeks will be frantic with HP soap making.... *groan*

Congratulations! That's so awesome! Well, not the panic and not the frantic making of soap but you know what I mean. :grin:

OK, now you can panic Hazel. It's down to the wire at - wait for it -

5 weeks to go and only 5, I can't stretch it any further.

I'm not panicking. I have what I have and that's it for everyone. Some of the soap will be given out at Thanksgiving so I do have to start wrapping. Bleagh! I hate wrapping 'cuz it's boring.

If I do anything in the next few weeks, it's going to be experimenting with different additives and trying liquid soap (yes, again :roll: )

Oh, I almost forgot! I still have cream soap which I made over a year ago. I need to get those batches out and play with them. :thumbup:

I pulled out my crème soap and added water to make it pourable, it turned out just lovely. I am also concerned about running out of soap for Christmas sales, have been frantically making some but the cure time... People keep buying this stuff! Good problem to have, I know..

I just sold $450 in soap today and now I'm panicking I'm not going to have enough for the mall.... :lolno:

The next 2 weeks will be frantic with HP soap making.... *groan*

YAY!!! Congrats! Not having enough soap "because I sold it all" is a problem I would like to have! LOL

Well, I'm all set for Christmas! I have about 100 bars as presents this year. My family and friends are going to be much more appreciative of these present instead of the scarves they got a couple of years ago. We live in Florida...South Florida. LOL

Haha! I just found this thread and I honestly read it from 51 weeks on…made me smile! LOVE the dancing santas, reindeer, sharks, and elves. Too funny :p

RoseB I actually ended up with just enough soap to get through to Christmas Eve last year. I plan on making 18 batches this week to be cured enough with a huge water discount to package in 2 weeks...

Hazel - Lol, there were sharks with lazer beams trapping you on an island, but you escaped in a sail boat. The thread is quite funny for anyone who hasn't read it. Lol

Back