cedarwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bottle just calls it cedarwood and it smells like burning wood to me. I do have some 10x orange and some bergamot/honey FO. I was just going to do a chunk soap with cedarwood as the chunk. I am going to try a little mix of all three and see how I like it. I wished I had some spearmint, I like how it mixes with scents I dont really care for. thanks Daryl and Angela you've given me something to think about :)
Marilyn, I just got my 1st bottle of spearmint (always keep peppermint in my cabinet). I LOVE it. Like bergamot, it goes with just about everything.

well I think the trick is going to be using it sparingly--it smells good with orange, bergamot/honey and just bergamot/honey (which I think I liked better) I also tried it with some anise and it gave it a different depth, not bad... :) that sample bottle will get used but it will last me awhile. I am going to let them sit for a bit to see if they change

well I think the trick is going to be using it sparingly--it smells good with orange, bergamot/honey and just bergamot/honey (which I think I liked better) I also tried it with some anise and it gave it a different depth, not bad... :) that sample bottle will get used but it will last me awhile. I am going to let them sit for a bit to see if they change

Like peppermint, you have to use it sparingly or you may get a “Binaca Blast” in the, er, “southern hemisphere.”

When I first tried Texas Cedarwood I did not like it but now have some blends that it is wonderful. I do love Atlas and Virginian is the last on my list and Virginian does no hold scent as well for me in my recipes.

Marilyn, I just got my 1st bottle of spearmint (always keep peppermint in my cabinet). I LOVE it. Like bergamot, it goes with just about everything.
I looove spearmint, peppermint not to much. Most my scented soaps have at least a few drops. It sticks too, at least so far, but I haven't hit the 6mos mark yet.
I love cedarwood and spearmint with just a touch of lemongrass to file off the rough edge.
Me too! I love that..

well so grateful for all the scent combos--I will try them all. I do have to admit the orange bergamot/honey doesn't smell just too bad--cant wait to try the other combos. will have to use some heavy laden spearmint soap to wake up first though :)

well I settled on 1/2&1/2 orange 10x and bergamot/honey with 5 drops of cedar wood in a 4" mold. I used some gold in oil for some contrast and I gotta say I really like it. the cedarwood is nicely in the background and the gold actually looks like gold, I let the orange 10x color the bar a nice soft orange

well I settled on 1/2&1/2 orange 10x and bergamot/honey with 5 drops of cedar wood in a 4" mold. I used some gold in oil for some contrast and I gotta say I really like it. the cedarwood is nicely in the background and the gold actually looks like gold, I let the orange 10x color the bar a nice soft orange
Sounds nice.. Can't wait for when you show us ;)

does anybody use this gawd awful scent? don't mean to offend but egads that stuff reeks. I got a sample of it and was thinking of just doing the sample bottle in a whole batch of soap to see if it was diluted if it wood smell better? I also gpt a sample of sensuous sandlewood which isn't quite as bad to me but not a whole lot better. but I have a friend who really loves it, maybe I just need to let her smell it. I did enjoy the sample pack though--I got some nice scents that I would never have tried otherwise
Atlas cedar smells a little sweeter but generally cedarwood blends with other scents better than being used by itself.

I think there's a really big difference in place of origin and species of cedar.. I first had a sample of Atlas (cedrus Atlantica) and then accidentally ordered a big bottle of American (juniperus mexicanus) Cedar eo. Boy was I disappointed! Gave it to my mom to help her scare off moths.. (apparently that's something you can use Cedar oil for as well) the smell wasn't that bad, just really not what I was expecting..

Latest posts

Back