can you recommend this mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorado

Reaction score
Just wanted to ask, if any of you know this mould ?
Would like to buy it, but it is quite expensive

[attachment=0:2u5azgx0]mould.jpg[/attachment:2u5azgx0]

Attachments

• mould.jpg
    mould.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 349
Is that an acrylic mold with an HDPE base with 2 holes, and thin piece of acrylic that sits on top of said base? The holes in the base are for pushing the soap out without disassembling the loaf. I have a mold like that. Love it!!

Dont use it in the oven or put it in the dishwasher, acrylic will warp or shrink. these kinds of molds are best for non-gelled soap but in the loafs it can still happen with milk soaps. I have an acrylic loaf with plungers and a slab that comes with a silicone mat for lining the bottom from soap making resource. my favorites!!

Ok, I see. You wont have to use a liner with this BUT there still will be times when the soap sticks. If you can manage to slide the mold off of a sticky loaf rather than peeling it away, pieces of soap being stuck to the sides can avoided. What will make it even easier is get a silicone mat, like is used in baking, and cut a piece to fit in the bottom, that will help a lot with extraction too. Freezer paper would work too. Getting the soap off the bottom pieces of linerless molds without damaging it can be the trickiest.

bebecollection.com has a selection of acrylic molds. I've never purchased from them before though.

Thank you very sudbubblez.
mold can be opened completely. Compl. understand what you mean by sliding
I have both silicone mats and silicone spray for molds, no problems there.
I would love to go shopping at bebecollection, but shipping and customs will raise prices too much, should just go shopping in the EU.
Very sad, cause you have a lot more over there.

You can also grease the mold well with petroleum jelly. I use this method with my HDPE molds. It keeps the soap from sticking to the mold.

Thank you itunu

I have bookmarked giesella. Nice web store, she has a lot, will definitely buy from her when I come to Denmark in 2 weeks,

Thank you lsg.
I don't know petroleum gelly, but I have a bottel of vaselineoil, I will try this next time.

Latest posts

Back