Burgundy - Pretty Close

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's still a bit more purple than I want, but getting there. Suggestions appreciated. I used 2 parts Mauve mica and 1 part neon violet (Steph's mica's) with 1 part black mica. I'm thinking maybe less of the violet and maybe some red vibrance? Pics wet and after CPOP.

IMG_20160729_121349394.jpg

IMG_20160729_210605874_HDR.jpg

snappyllama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm loving that! On my monitor it looks a little more wine than burgundy - maybe a titch of purple? Of course it might just be my machine... Either way, it's beautiful played off against the light green.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see on my monitor it is looking more a bit more red than it really is. It is more purple. Wet it was closer to what I am trying to get, which is a deep, deep wine. Maybe I should pour a glass - for *research* purposes.

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That is absolutely luscious and quite decadent. It would make a great focal-point wall color. Hmmm, the wheels they are a turnin'

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
It looks pretty awesome on my monitor. Both my hubby and I emitted an audible 'Oooh, that's pretty!' at the same time as soon as it came on the screen. lol

IrishLass :)

MySoapyHeart

Bee Happy
Reaction score
Love it. On my monitor it looks like a lovely red.
Although it isn`t what you wanted out of the color itself it is really lovely from where I am sitting.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks pretty awesome on my monitor. Both my hubby and I emitted an audible 'Oooh, that's pretty!' at the same time as soon as it came on the screen. lol

IrishLass :)
I love that he looks at soap pictures with you.

Obsidian

Reaction score
BB has a merlot mica that is pretty close to burgundy, I bet if mixed with some black it would be the color you are looking for. This is the merlot around 1/2tsp PPO.

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a luscious-looking color. It looks pretty balanced on my screen.