Bummer!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshleyR

Reaction score
A week or so ago I contacted the town office of a nearby town to see if I could be added to their list of "Green" businesses on their website. They just emailed me back and said this:

Ashley,

I was forwarded your email requesting to be a part of the green section of our website and would like to invite you to exhibit at our Green Tradeshow. The event will be held on Saturday May 2 from 12 noon to 4pm at the Terrace Bay arena. You can sell your products at the Tradeshow and we will advertise your attendance throughout the region.

We will be mailing approx. 7000 households about the event on Wed Apr 22 so if you want to be involved please confirm and email me back soon.

Hope to see you there!

AHHHH! May 2nd is way too soon for me. I wish I would have known about this earlier as I so would have jumped at this opportunity!

I think the advertising alone would have been really great for my new business! :(

I emailed them back and let them know that I won't be ready in time for May 2nd, but wondered if I could still drop off some brochures and business cards to display anyway. I hope they say yes.

I'm so bummed out about this though, I think it would have been a really great opportunity. Oh well, it's an annual thing so I am definitely going to plan to get in on it next year!

Oh Ashley - that is wonderful that they wanted you - you are definitely doing something right and everything good will flow on from that. It is a bummer that you aren't yet ready to take advantage of it, but it's a good thing if you have decided it cannot be done now, to focus on next year. Just visualise how GREAT that event will be for you then!

Tanya :)

There ya go :D . They could have given you a little more warning but at least they know you exist . I am sure this is just one opportunity and many more will follow.

Kitn

Oh Ashley!!!! I am so sorry and yet so pleased for you! It's great to know that there are more opportunities coming your way!

Ahh! I know! I was so excited yet so bummed out when I got that email. I really wish I had known about it earlier... I DEFINITELY would have participated in it!

I'm a little giddy that they wanted me there too. :) I wrote them an email back and let them know that I won't have enough stock by May 2nd to do the show, and they actually seemed kind of disappointed! :\ But, they did say I could drop off some brochures and business cards and they would display them there anyway, so that's great!

What about making up a bunch of "small" samples with your business cards and small organza bags that you could maybe hand out there?

Lindy said:
What about making up a bunch of "small" samples with your business cards and small organza bags that you could maybe hand out there?

That is an idea! I don't know what "scale" this tradeshow is... I wonder if I would look really wimpy with my little table of samples! Hehe. I wish I had a better idea of what it's going to be like.

Maybe I can sneak some samples in with my brochures and cards that I drop off and hope they put them out with them! That would be nice. There is a small booth fee though, so I don't know how much they are willing to do for me without me being there and paying for a booth.

Now I gotta get cracking on brochures! I haven't made those yet!

What about having a basket that you can carry which would contain the samples w/business cards which would have the ingredients on the reverse of it? Maybe they would allow you to be right at the entrance handing out your gifts?

Latest posts

Back