Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's lovely - not sure if it's a spin or not, there's definitely been a tool dragged through it in a wave

I didn't see all the bars but I don't think it's a spin. I think they poured lines and then zigzagged or similar to drag them all out to fine lines then did a curvy pull through them. That's my theory anyway.

The lines are more abundant and finer than in this soap but this is kind of similar.

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.45.12 AM.jpg

Such an excellent eye for colors. I would not have thought of her darker side combo, with the gray, that color green, black and white. And her proportions are spot on, for my tastes anyway.
/QUOTE]

I find colors really hard, despite studying/working on them for years (in redoing/flipping houses before discovering the soapy addiction.) I really envy the people to whom it is instinctive, I see pictures here and can tell that it is. It is not at all so for me.

I struggle with colours too. I find myself copying great combos I have seen rather than coming up with things myself.

I do that all the time, copy great combos, that is, I bookmark when I see them. I just see it is a compliment to the originator and a good way to learn, as well as make beautiful soap.

One of the first places I bought I painted a cactus green color, I was inspired by the garden full of lovely aloe plants. My best friend (he is one of those people w/an instinctive eye for color/art) tortured me for years by asking me how the jolly green giant was doing :) Definitely should have copied someone else on that one!

Back