Browsing soap pics

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes. I've used Really Red but it's not this deeper luscious color. I suppose M&P might always get a depth impossible to capture in CP because of that translucency, but it never hurts to dream. IF I ever manage something close, I'll be certain to share. I keep pestering mica suppliers for these types of rich darker colors, but no response yet.

I've gotten something kinda similar to that deep red/burgundy using MO Voodoo mixed with a touch of AC.

ETA: I bet really red mixed with AC would get just about the right shade. :)

IMG_0241_zpsp0dg4exz.jpg

Saponeta's site is worth a look. She has been working on patterns using drops- a small drop of one color onto which she puts a slightly bigger dollop of a complimentary color, but she uses different sized drops and different patterns of it to see what she gets. Some of them would require a great deal of patience, to fill a mold up with drops like that. I tried it a couple times when we were talking about the fishnet soap, and it took flipping forever to squeeze out that many blobs of soap, plus I hate using squirt bottles. She gets some award for doing it that many times, and an award for a few of those soaps. Posting my favorite.

Some remind me of the fishnet soap but I see in all her attempts, she didn't get that fishnet pattern, which i could not either in a number of attempts. I don't think that's what she was going for, but it did remind me of that soap.

http://www.saponeta.com/

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 7.26.59 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-02-12 at 7.27.09 PM.jpg

Saponeta's site is worth a look. She has been working on patterns using drops- a small drop of one color onto which she puts a slightly bigger dollop of a complimentary color, but she uses different sized drops and different patterns of it to see what she gets. Some of them would require a great deal of patience, to fill a mold up with drops like that. I tried it a couple times when we were talking about the fishnet soap, and it took flipping forever to squeeze out that many blobs of soap, plus I hate using squirt bottles. She gets some award for doing it that many times, and an award for a few of those soaps. Posting my favorite.

Some remind me of the fishnet soap but I see in all her attempts, she didn't get that fishnet pattern, which i could not either in a number of attempts. I don't think that's what she was going for, but it did remind me of that soap.

http://www.saponeta.com/

Thanks for that link, Newbie. Wow, she really does some spectacular work. Those "drop" soaps are gorgeous, my fave is still the one you posted, I really love that color. And I agree, some of them do remind me of the fishnet soap! My jaw dropped when I saw her yin yang soap...wow. Sure puts my attempt to shame, but also inspires me to keep trying.

P1130442.jpg

Interesting smaller details. I think this much be made somewhat like the larger tear drop soap shown a month or so ago where the color is put in and then the base poured from both side to push the line up into the tear drop shape, but this is done a few time with small lines of color. Very cool.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 1.54.01 PM.png

Last edited:
This really caught my eye. When I saw it, my first thought was that it looked like a cut onion and I thought it was very clever. I didn't realize for a day or two that it was odd that I am now thinking of things like onions as being great models/ideas for soap.

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 1.31.00 PM.png

Latest posts

Back