Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't feel like doing yoga over lunch today, but I went and did it anyways. Glad I did, I got the majority of my aches stretched out. So, I will have to ask hubby if we can make the money work for at least the summer. The daughter does their teen yoga sessions during the summer and the 3 day yoga camp, so I would get an additional 20% off her registrations with my membership, so the savings there might even it out a bit to at least justify a summer membership for me. I mean, the discount won't pay for membership, but if it's something I'm going to do and use anyways, that's all the more reason to do it right? Right. And I like yoga, most of the time - like today - I don't even have to change clothes for the lunch hour special.

@Lin19687 do you have heavy traffic going home from work? Just curious. I think I told you the new pastor is from MA, and he's just blown away by the fact that he can drive from town to the church (8-ish miles) and not see another car. That rarely actually happens, I suspect his version of not seeing another car is actually seeing one or two in a mile stretch, 'cuz that would be more normal here.

@amd Look at Groupon to see if they have a coupon for it ? You can also get yoga DVD at libraries and on line too if the $$ is too much.

Traffic, I live in Bedford and work in Concord (look on a map :) ) I go the opposite way from traffic in the morning and evening. But some times people think they can go my way to get around it so I get stuck behind a dummy that is lost ;)

It is 8 miles from my house to work so it isn't far. Depending on what town/city the Pastor was in would depend on the amount of traffic. I am closer to Boston and I think you said he was in the western part of Mass?

@jcandleattic out of curiosity, how many languages do you speak ?

Well, something pooped me off this morning as I sat down to read here. Got a Visual Disturbance,,,, AKA Migraine with out the pain.
I guess I should be happy that there is no pain and it 'usually' last only about 20 min or so, but it means that I can;t see very well with a BIG Wiggly design across most of the middle of my sight :*(
At least I am home and not driving. Then I have to stop and wait it out.

My first ocular migraine occurred years ago as I was driving through the Salt Flats in Utah. It was quite the light show, but disturbing because I had never experienced it before that, plus the visual disruption. These C-shaped visual disturbances kept recurring periodically for a few months. I kept a journal about it and tried to identify any triggers, as well as documenting duration, colors, shapes, frequency, time of day, existing lighting, sleep patterns, blood pressure, any other co-existing conditions, etc. I took that journal with me to my ophthalmologist. As it turns out, I never did identify any specific triggers other than maybe possibly: exhaustion and insufficient sleep coupled with perhaps on a couple of occasions, bright lights, but not always. I have always been sensitive to very bright light, but these ocular migraines never occurred in me until I was in my 60's, so it was all a mystery to me as to why then.

When I was young I had horrible headaches, but I never sought treatment for them so they were never diagnosed and eventually they stopped. They were actually so bad, I had wacky thoughts of drilling a hole in my skull to relieve the pressure; I am not sure why I never sought treatment! But I cannot be sure they were migraines or just horrendous recurring and almost constant headaches.

For me the good thing about the ocular migraines is they are pain-free and it's really a pretty cool light show. It can be annoying though, when it happens while I am in the middle of something I can't really save until later (like at a movie theatre or some such), but it usually passes in about 20 minutes for me so I take that opportunity to enjoy the show and rest. Plus I don't get them very often anymore.

If it happens while driving, just pull off to the side of the road and wait for your vision to clear. If you can, enjoy the show and take the time to relax. See your doctor, of course, but I am sure you already know that.

Yes that is exactly what I get, cool waves a bit of color. Usually it is Stress trigger I think.
If I am on the Puter I try to get to a point where I can save what I am doing before I can't see it lol.
Driving I pull over if it starts in the center of my eye. If it is on the side where it doesn't obstruct my vision I get to a better (safer) spot to pull over.

@Lin19687 I tried DVD and YT for yoga. I'm not disciplined to do it on my own, I need the schedule and accountability of a class. I don't think it's going to be the insane price that was quoted at the workshop - I work with one of the yoga instructors and I was talking to her about the cost and she was like, "Oh no, there's different levels of membership. The expensive one is the top level, you probably don't need that." So she went through the memberships with me last night. I think the one that will work for the time that I is $50/month, but I won't get the discount on Claire's classes and camp. I did some maths last night and going up to the next tier which would give me the discount wouldn't actually save me any money (the cost to go up the tier is more than the discount, and I don't think I would use the extra perks in that tier anyways). $200 for a 4 month membership is way better than the $500 the owner was quoting me. I found it rather off-putting that she didn't say anything about there being different tiers at the workshop, just tried to sell the big package.

Springfield, MA. My geography is horrible so I have no clue where that is in the state, lol.

Now see S, I would not do it at all there if the owner was up-scaling without telling me about the lower amount.

Springfield is way out in the Western part of the state. Much lesser in amount of cars then close to Boston... mmmm About 2 hours west of Boston

Latest posts

Back