Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even know if I'll watch the rest of the season...
I was doing some online reading last night regarding episode 4... you are not alone! Now the author will need to finish the books because we don't want the Hollywood version stuck in our heads forever.

ETA: yes @Lin19687 I am glad you made this thread!

I was doing some online reading last night regarding episode 4... you are not alone! Now the author will need to finish the books because we don't want the Hollywood version stuck in our heads forever.
I mean seriously - they care so little for the integrity of the show that they blatantly leave a starbucks cup in one of the shots? Really? NOBODY on the set noticed that?? (it's because they are/were rushing so much to get the season over with they literally truly just do not care!!)

So sad...

My word of the week is Kitten Love
IMG_20190504_184844449[1].jpg

Well. I seem to have run into the same problem as yesterday. Nothing to do at work and 43 minutes to go. So what's in Sherry's noggin today, you might ask, well let me tell you all about it. There are dirty soap dishes awaiting my arrival at home. I think the dish fairy lost my address again. And please don't tell me that the dish fairy is supposed to leave dirty dishes so she thinks she's already been at my house. That isn't the contract she signed up for. I put my dirty soap dishes in a tote and then cart them upstairs for the actual washing. I'm seriously contemplating squirting the mess with Dawn and filling the tote with hot water and letting it all sit while I go out to dinner. The only downside is that I'm not strong enough to lift the tote to empty it in the sink. So then I will need to explain to my husband why I need his help when really I was just too lazy to haul the tote upstairs and do dishes "properly". Maybe if I got a bucket and bailed the water out until I could lift it... I seem to be putting in a lot more effort into being lazy than it may actually take to just do it.

36 minutes left. Last night I had two orchestra concerts - the youngest in elementary and the oldest in high school. We had 25 minutes between concerts. Every other Monday night my husband, daughter and I treat ourselves to a nice dinner out as a reward for putting up with three stinky-noisy-taking-over-all-the-good-spaces-TV-hogging-eat-all-the-food-in-the-house boys. (They go back to their other parents on Mondays and Tuesdays.) With the concerts last night we had to move our night out to tonight. I am so looking forward to a big over the top burger everything on it. I had two boiled eggs and some blackberries for lunch today - trust me, it was the better option of what was available from the work vending machine. Some jerk ate all the lunchables. Anyways, I'm torn between if I want the peanut butter and jelly burger on a donut, or if I want the fried egg with onion crisps burger. Oh! Or the blue cheese burger. Our favorite restaurant has the most incredible blue cheese ever! My husband laughs at me because I will eat the blue cheese dressing by itself. Good thing our regular waiter knows to bring me extra dressing. Oh man, will he there tonight? Now I'm worried that we'll have some strange waitress who we'll actually have to talk to...

25 minutes to go! So I signed up for this intro to yoga class, it comes with 10 free classes and it was only $29. They said we would get a discount on memberships for taking the intro class. With the discount a 4 month membership is $499! Holy downward dog, Ghandi! How drunk does my husband need to be to agree to this? I have to sell 135 bars of soap to pay for that every four months... I can't maths anymore. Maybe I need to get the yogini's who can afford the membership to buy my soap so I can come do yoga with them. Hmmm... I wonder what Downward Dog soap would smell like... There's a noon class on most days (which is why I had to eat of the work vending machine for lunch because I am not smart enough to remember to pack a lunch), so I went today and it was the weirdest meditation class I have ever been to. Considering that this is the first meditation class I've ever been to. Everyone feel asleep in the class except me. I don't know how people can fall asleep in a room full of strangers. Nope. Not this girl. Of course, I was busy thinking about soap rather than actually focusing on whatever the instructor was talking about so maybe that's it. Maybe she hypnotized them to fall asleep and now they all think they're chickens. They have a hot yoga class tomorrow night, but I have to ok it with hubsters. Most likely he'll be at church so he won't even notice I'm gone. But still, I should make sure it's ok. Maybe make it up to him by making something yummy in the crockpot for everyone to eat. Usually Weds night is pizza night because I'm teaching confirmation at my church, so this might be a nice change of pace.

10 minutes! Yeah, Immajust log out and go home now. Beat the traffic. Maybe make my 7 minute commute a 5 minute commute today. Peace out boy scout!

@amd when I started taking yoga classes I did it through community Ed. Very reasonable price wise. Do you have that available to you? Hot yoga sounds like absolute torture to me. DD loves it though.

Enjoy your burger.

OMG in my margarita buzzed mind that was quite the read wowser Sherry hahahahahahahahahahaha. and WT...………. PBJ burger ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I have sucessfully packed my lunch since April 29th. I have a Bento box that is adorable, has 3 sections, a chop stick holder and all fits into a handle. I am trying to cut out the bread. I put meat and cheese in top part, cottage cheese in 2nd and fruit in bottom.... like apple sauce or strawberry/raspberries.

This is my Bento box
https://www.amazon.com/JapanBargain-Sakura-Lunch-Bento-06423/dp/B0026P4VDY

when I started taking yoga classes I did it through community Ed.
We have two options for yoga, one at the wellness center which is cheaper, but the classes are at 9am when I'm at work. The "boutique" yoga place that I'm trying to do now has most of their classes either before work, during a lunch hour, or in the evening. And maybe that's why they can get people to pay the cost. I dunno. There is a card option of 10 classes for $120, which if I only took one class a week would be more affordable. I'm thinking that will probably what happens.

ok I had to stop after you said PBJ Burger

PBJ burger ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
You don't know what you're missing! I was in doubt too until I had it. So amazing! The jelly is not so sweet, it's a bbq sauce jelly mix, so it's not a complete sweet overload. I went with the blue cheese burger, it paired better with the beer that I ordered lol.

This is my Bento box
Super cute! I have something similar that can separate into different compartments. It works great for assembling salads too, or meat/cheese/cracker lunches - which is usually what I like to eat. I'm more of a muncher during the day than actually eating meals, until dinner anyways. I like a good sit down dinner at night.

FYI this bento box is small. so portion control to the max ! LOL

today I have Roast beef 2 slices(deli meat- super rare ) & 2 Swiss cheese slices in 1st section, cottage cheese (3 TBS) & 7 raspberries in 2nd, apple sauce chunky (3 TBS) and 3 sliced strawberries in bottom.
I am munching here at the desk Pretzels which are my Favs ! Lots of electrolyte flavored water too.

work is slow so far and now that I said that you KNOW was will happen...

You don't know what you're missing! I was in doubt too until I had it. So amazing! The jelly is not so sweet, it's a bbq sauce jelly mix, so it's not a complete sweet overload. I went with the blue cheese burger, it paired better with the beer that I ordered lol.

well you make it sound good now--blue cheese burger sounds delish also. I never thought an egg would go on a burger either and I like that

Well. I seem to have run into the same problem as yesterday. Nothing to do at work and 43 minutes to go.
That's better than the 4 hours I have right now. Our office is very much feast or famine. Either we are too busy and can barely keep up and have to work 16-18 hour days, or we have nothing to do and twiddle our thumbs for 7-8 hours. *sigh*

Not bored today. Remember that feast or famine I talked about? Well looks like a 15-18 hour day is in my immediate future for today. *sigh*

Not bored today. Remember that feast or famine I talked about? Well looks like a 15-18 hour day is in my immediate future for today. *sigh*
Where do you work, @jcandleattic? I can't imagine going to work not knowing if you'll have stuff to do or whether you'll be there for a day and a night!!!

Where do you work, @jcandleattic? I can't imagine going to work not knowing if you'll have stuff to do or whether you'll be there for a day and a night!!!
It's a private markets firm and my department is driven by the deals being closed. If it's slow and there are not many deals being closed, easy boring day, if not, well, this happens.
It all just depends on how many deals, and how many documents need to be executed to get the deal done. Right now my department has 5 out of 9 people across 4 jurisdictions out (US, Guernsey, Singapore and Manilla) so with all the deals that came in this week, along with all the department out, and me being in the last time-zone across jurisdictions, it all falls on me. Lucky me!! LOL

(I do take little breaks here and there to see if I'm missing anything on the board. LOL

Back