Bored Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I probably shouldn't complain as much as I do. It's a great paying job, has afforded me to travel the world, and I've met some interesting people, and when traveling to Guernsey in 2017 made lifelong friends both from work and outside of work. (my ex boss and I talk via email at least once a week still and he's been gone from the company for over a year, I also keep in touch with the little apt/hotel owner/operator from time to time also. He was hilarious and gave me a bottle of Guernsey made gin to bring home with me. Best tasting gin I've ever had) so it's not all bad. It really would be better if everyone on my team would actually DO their jobs instead of doing their absolute best to try and get out of the work they do have then claim they are too busy to take on more.

US, Guernsey, Singapore and Manilla) so with all the deals that came in this week, along with all the department out, and me being in the last time-zone across jurisdictions, it all falls on me. Lucky me!! LOL
Oh that's cool! Yes, I bet being the end-of-the-line is stressful...unless you conveniently miss something and go home for the night. But then I guess you'd wake up to a $%^&show.
Very interesting assortment of jurisdictions, too....Guernsey??

It's a 12x24 mile island in the channel islands off the coast of France, inbetween France and England. On a very clear day you can see the coast of France if you are on that side of the island. It's very quaint. I spent 2 months there in the summer of 2017 for training for work. I loved it.

Here's the Wiki page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailiwick_of_Guernsey

ETA: It's about an hours boat ride from Jersey island - where Henry Cavill is from (love that man)

It's a 12x24 mile island in the channel islands off the coast of France, inbetween France and England. On a very clear day you can see the coast of France if you are on that side of the island. It's very quaint. I spent 2 months there in the summer of 2017 for training for work. I loved it.

Here's the Wiki page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailiwick_of_Guernsey

ETA: It's about an hours boat ride from Jersey island - where Henry Cavill is from (love that man)
Oh I know what it is....famous for dairy, although not as famous as Jersey is. Just didn't expect to see it lumped in with businesses in Singapore and Manilla...maybe some sort of island necessities? ;-)
And whatever "deals" are made are specialized enough that you had to get trained ON Guernsey?? Now I'm even *more* intrigued!!

I think mine is going to be done sooner rather than later. Both assistants are out of the office, 3/4 of my engineers are traveling, of the 5 engineers left in the building 3 have gone home for the day. In 45 minutes the lab will be gone for the week as well, so either I can "drink beer and play piano" with the 2 people left in my area, or I can go home. Tough call.

True story: One day the company president called me and he asks me "What are you doing?" instead of "how are you?" (he's German, so this was kind of normal for him, but I hadn't worked with him much at the time so I didn't know that)... and me being me (Sassy Not Classy) I answered back "Oh, you know, drinking beer and playing the piano." 'cuz you know, I was at work so I was, um, working... The guys and the president have never let me forget that comment.

I think mine is going to be done sooner rather than later. Both assistants are out of the office, 3/4 of my engineers are traveling, of the 5 engineers left in the building 3 have gone home for the day. In 45 minutes the lab will be gone for the week as well, so either I can "drink beer and play piano" with the 2 people left in my area, or I can go home. Tough call.

True story: One day the company president called me and he asks me "What are you doing?" instead of "how are you?" (he's German, so this was kind of normal for him, but I hadn't worked with him much at the time so I didn't know that)... and me being me (Sassy Not Classy) I answered back "Oh, you know, drinking beer and playing the piano." 'cuz you know, I was at work so I was, um, working... The guys and the president have never let me forget that comment.

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA I would have spit out my drink if you did that and I heard it. "Was Machen"
I used to say to DD,, Was Stoon Kinder (not sure on spelling... I thought it meant what doing children.

Hmm... my German isn't the best, but I think that would be "was kinder Machen". I don't know "stoon" unless it's slang. I'll ask my friend Holger this weekend. It may be a slang expression :)

Oh I know what it is....famous for dairy, although not as famous as Jersey is. Just didn't expect to see it lumped in with businesses in Singapore and Manilla...maybe some sort of island necessities? ;-)
And whatever "deals" are made are specialized enough that you had to get trained ON Guernsey?? Now I'm even *more* intrigued!!
Guernsey is where all of our execution and signatories sit, and where most of our funds are created. It's not necessarily a tax haven, but the tax benefits are the main reason we have an office there. I'm part of the execution team, so that's why I got trained in GSY. It's a Swiss company headquarted in Switzerland, my boss is in Singapore, and part of our team is in Manila.
We have 22 offices (23 now, we just opened one in Canada - Toronto I think or maybe Montreal? I've heard both places being thrown around, so it's one or the other) all over the world. Brazil, Australia, Italy, Switzerland, Singapore, Manila, etc.,

Guernsey is famous for it's Guernsey cows that produce dairy yes, however, I like the history of the place more so. It's the only country that was German occupied for the entire length of WWII, and they just had their Liberation Day yesterday (the day the war ended and the Germans were kicked out - supposedly the last German was kicked off the island by a Donkey, so they are the Guernsey Donkey's)

@jcandleattic out of curiosity, how many languages do you speak ?

Well, something pooped me off this morning as I sat down to read here. Got a Visual Disturbance,,,, AKA Migraine with out the pain.
I guess I should be happy that there is no pain and it 'usually' last only about 20 min or so, but it means that I can;t see very well with a BIG Wiggly design across most of the middle of my sight :*(
At least I am home and not driving. Then I have to stop and wait it out.

Today I'm not bored, so much as I'm tired. I had some work I had to finish because I was too lazy to do it on Friday - LOL
So I got that done, am now finishing up laundry, cleaned my house, bathrooms, soap dishes, and now I'm too pooped to do any soaping/crafting.
So instead I'm catching up on my dvr'd Premier League Darts. I love watching darts. May sound weird, and I get made fun of from doing it, but I don't care. It's fun to watch. :)

I still got a load of towels done in the drier. Already went down to restart it just in case it was not fully dried.
Now too bored to go down to get them.

At least I got my work clothes up and hung on hangers. I just bought Liquid fabric softener to see if it really will stop static.....nope, but it all smells good. Just hoping that it doesn't irritated my skin

just bought Liquid fabric softener to see if it really will stop static.
The only thing I've found that works, is to rub a dryer sheet on the dry clothes, and then when using lotion, after rubbing into my hands but before it fully soaks in, rub my hands over the clothes (just have to make sure the lotion isn't too thick and/or wet as to not get the clothes oily/stained). Works and lasts usually all day.

My husband buys those softener beads, I think they go in the wash. I dunno... I haven't done laundry in two years! He says he likes that better than dryer sheets.

My morning has been boring. Only thing to do is sort through some emails, and then cool my heels until my 1:00 meeting. Then I'll probably be busy in the afternoon. The guys are back from China, which is entertainment at least. One of the guys is dying from jet lag, his face has hit the desk twice this morning, lol.

I'm not bored but I'm procrastinating going to the gym. I'll be fine once I get there, but I'm just not getting there.... I took the day off to get a bunch of things done, and did great this morning but am now in a funk.... Should at least shrink wrap some M&P soaps or something....

Gym.... I used to do that all the time. Now that I have it at work I have gym clothes in the truck and will be going today after work since it is going to Pour rain and I really don't want to drive home with traffic AND rain

Latest posts

Back