base lotion supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
whos base lotion do you like ?theres some nice "dup " fos that i would like to add to lotion. I dont really need a gallon, but thats what it looks like what most places sell?

I love aquatech. They sell some lovely stuff (I prefer the hemp oil one, myself). They do sell by the gallon, though. The price includes shipping.

Wholesale Supplies Plus has a sampler pack for $24.95 that includes 8 - 2oz samples of the different bases they offer. It seems a shame to buy that though, when you can buy an entire gallon of their lotion bases starting at $13.50 up to $22.50 for their premium bases.

I thought about buying the sample package of lotion from WSP until I saw the price! WOW That is so not even worth it! 16 oz for $22? I've heard great things about their Goat Milk and Honey. Only thing that keeps me from ordering it is I've read it's VERY thick and best packaged in a jar. I don't like using lotions and stuff out of a jar cuz it gets under my fingernails. YUK!

I love aquatech. They sell some lovely stuff (I prefer the hemp oil one, myself). They do sell by the gallon, though. The price includes shipping.

Ditto, it's my fav.

Catalina has basic lotion by the gallon for $12.00. Sometimes I find I need an economy lotion & use it.

it's not that expensive when you think about it - shipping is included in their price!

and yes, good stuff. at least the hemp is. rocks my little tiny world.

That's true... cuz the shipping usually KILLS me!!! Sometimes I wish I lived close to WSP so I could shop there... But then I'm glad I don't because I'd be broke. HAHA

I'm impressed that their samples are huge for those prices. Five 4oz; one 2 oz lotion base for only $15 with shipping, their philosophy sounds great. I'm definately going to get some samples. Thanks, I'm glad I caught this thread.

lauramw71 said:
I thought about buying the sample package of lotion from WSP until I saw the price! WOW That is so not even worth it! 16 oz for $22? I've heard great things about their Goat Milk and Honey. Only thing that keeps me from ordering it is I've read it's VERY thick and best packaged in a jar. I don't like using lotions and stuff out of a jar cuz it gets under my fingernails. YUK!

I would disagree with the suggestion to put it in a jar. I poured WSP's Goat Milk & Honey in Mailbus and tottles, and 8 oz bottles with a pump and it worked perfectly. No way would I package that lotion in a jar unless it had a pump with it. I gues some people might consider it "very" thick if they are used to using thin, runny lotions. It is a good thick lotion, probably similar in consistency to something like Lubriderm.

I'm so glad you posted that! That was really what kept me from buying it. I read alot of people saying it was really thick. I usually package my bottles in an bottle with a disc cap. Is the GMH too thick for that?
I think I want to try the hemp lotion from aquatech. Sounds great, and the price is pretty good considering it has s/h included.

I think it depends on the type of bottle. I don't like PET bottles for lotion with a disc cap, but if you're using HDPE - LDPE bottles it ought to be ok.

I bought lotion from someone once in a PET bottle with a disc cap. The bottle ended up cracking when I tried to squeeze some lotion out of it. It was thick lotion and therefore required either violently shaking the bottle to force it to the opening of the cap, or else exerting pressure on it to make it flow out. Either way, it was a work out (sort of like the old ketchup commercials), and I would never buy it again because of it. If you want to use PET bottles, you will be ok as long as you have a pump.

That's great information. I use HDPE or LDPE for my bottles. I don't like the PET for my disc caps. So the GMH lotion would be good in one of those bottles? I don't like the malibu's either. Thanks again for the info!

i love wsp's goatmilk and honey lotion.

it's very thick, and after a minute or so, it's not greasy. your skin almost feels like a silky feeling, but dry.

i also like their malibu bottles. you can get 48 4 oz bottles for 22 or so, and the lids aren't too bad, either

i ended up buying a gallon from wsp, its the "silk and satin" it is very thick, but awesome, people say its better than bath and body works. I did put it into jars, i dont mind taking one finger to get it out. Im very interested in aquatech, shipping included, nice.

Great Info

Thanks for all that info. I have been cruising the net for a week looking for a good base lotion. I am not really feeling like I want to take on "one more thing" by trying to make my own lotion, but I want to use a lotion that is scented to match whatever soap I am using, plus I thought the matching sets would make nice gifts. The hemp and goats milk and honey are now on my list to try. Would welcome any other suggestions as well. I have very dry skin, compounded in the winter by dry radiator heat and use of a woodstove.

I think I also am going to get the hemp from aquatech, and the goats milk and honey from wsp. Just to offer an option on lotion.

Carebear, is it the hemp lotion or the hemp butter that you use, or do you use both? And if you use both, your opinion of each?

i just want to chime in and say that I use the goats milk and honey from WSP and love it. My husband takes it to work and all of his coworkers steal his lotion. I made the mistake of buying the 8 oz PET bottles w the disc tops and it is a PITA to get out. I have to buy some pumps and see if that works out better. Great lotion though.

Latest posts

Back