Premade lotion bases

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
Years ago when I started doing M&P soap, I also used to make lotions from scratch. Nowadays, I prefer to make CP soap and lotion bars, even though I have e-wax, preservatives, etc.,
But I do like trying and using the various vendors premade lotion bases, because I can add my own scents and make them as thick or thin as I want with a minimum of hassle.

I wondered if anyone here used lotion bases, either for personal use or for sale, and if so, which are the ones you really like (and why if you want to explain). Also, for those of you whosell lotions, do you use a premade base or sell your own.
I think my favorite base is this one: Natural Goat's Lotion Concentrate Base per lb.
It's thick and you can thin it with anywhere from 25% to 75% water or hydrosols or whatever.
The other type of base I like is the sprayable body lotion, but the ones I like seem to have been discontinued. (I haven't yet tried thinning the GM cream that thin, that may be next.)

So anyway, do you use 'em, and if so, what do you like?

Years ago when I started doing M&P soap, I also used to make lotions from scratch. Nowadays, I prefer to make CP soap and lotion bars, even though I have e-wax, preservatives, etc.,
But I do like trying and using the various vendors premade lotion bases, because I can add my own scents and make them as thick or thin as I want with a minimum of hassle.

I wondered if anyone here used lotion bases, either for personal use or for sale, and if so, which are the ones you really like (and why if you want to explain). Also, for those of you who
sell lotions, do you use a premade base or sell your own.

I think my favorite base is this one: Natural Goat's Lotion Concentrate Base per lb.
It's thick and you can thin it with anywhere from 25% to 75% water or hydrosols or whatever.

The other type of base I like is the sprayable body lotion, but the ones I like seem to have been discontinued. (I haven't yet tried thinning the GM cream that thin, that may be next.)

So anyway, do you use 'em, and if so, what do you like?
I use a lotion base but it's one I make myself, from the DIY Bath & Body Lotion Concentrate recipe.

Latest posts

Back