base lotion supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my sample pack tonight. It's the all natural line. OMG... I love it all, but particularly the Hemp-Olive butter and the Tropical Butter. To die for. Not greasy, absorbs immediately and feels wonderful. I didn't try the lotion yet. Will get to that in the morning. So far I am sold. Will be buying from Aquatech.

You are so right, Carebear. The Omega-3 Hemp lotion is the bomb and I will be ordering a gallon (for ME!!!!). No more Bath & Body Shop or Signature Club.

Out of the sampler you got, is the Hemp lotion your favorite lotion? Tell me more about it... haha Is it nice and thick? How bout feel... is it greasy? Does it soak in right away? What do you think the difference between the hemp and premium lotions is? I use LDPE rounds that are very squeezable for the lotion I have now (which am not impressed with), will the hemp work for that bottle or is a pump better? On the website, it doesnt' state what FO load it can hold. I think I use 3% right now.. will the hemp hold that much?? so many questions... lol
I'm waiting on my taxes to get here so I can make an order and just do NOT know what to get yet!!!
I'm so glad this topic is here!

The hemp is my fave of the sampler. The hemp is not a thick or heavy lotion, it sinks right in with no greasy feel and while it leaves my skin nice and mositurized there is no heavy feel left behind. (I used an aveeno on my BF and he said that made him sweat, this doesn't - if that makes sense). I have it in PET bottles both squeeze-ish (really shake down and squeeze a bit) and with pump depending on the size and both work great. I don't think it would be good in a tottle or anything of that nature. I do like it better than the premium lotion tho that is pretty nice too. It is WAY better than their lower cost options.

The hemp is slightly greenish, so if you are coloring your lotions I don't know if that's an issue. and I don't know about fragrance load - I use 1% (I cannot imagine going to 3% - I'd die!!). Aquatech seems to recommend 0.75 - 1% http://www.aquatech-skincare.com/htmls/ ... uction.htm. I've not tried higher.

I know Carebear doesn't care for the butters, but I love them. They sent me two... the Hemp-Olive butter and the Polynesian Butter Cream. They are both wonderful.
The Hemp-Olive is heavier and greasier. It takes a minute to absorb, but once it does it does not leave you feeling greasy. It's fairly heavy, jar only.
The Polynesian Butter Cream is my favorite of the two. It is lighter (in color and texture) than the Hemp-Olive. It absorbs immediately with no greasiness whatsoever and leaves your sking feeling like satin. Again, jar only.
I did not receive the premium lotion. I got the Pure and Natural sampler pack. In addition to the Omega 3 and Hemp lotion, they also sent me the Pure and Natural lotion. I haven't used that one yet. I will be trying it tomorrow morning.
I will also say that when I called them they were excellent to deal with and shipped really fast.
I will be doing business with them, for sure.

Jury is in on the Pure and Natural Lotion

The jury (of 1) is in on the Pure and Natural lotion. I didn't care for it. It's very thick and initially very greasy. It needs to be rubbed and rubbed and still it does lay on your skin for a few minutes before it absorbs. If you were in a hurry to put on some lotion and get dressed, you'd be in trouble.
It did a fine job of softening my skin, and does not leave a greasy feel once it absorbs, but it was too much work getting there. I will be going with the Polynesian Butter Cream.

Ok, I'm so going to order the hemp lol. I like hearing that it's non greasy, but not heavy. I know exactly what you mean by not making him sweat. LOL Some lotions feel heavy! If you are able to squeeze it out of a PET bottle, I should be good with the LDPE bottles I have. They're very squeezable. Right? lol
Right now I use the GM lotion base from Natures Garden. It's ok.... The amount of water they recommend makes a pretty thin lotion. And it also leaves kind of a stickiness after using it that I don't really care for. So I am on a mission to find a better lotion. I'm kind of at a toss up over the GMH from WSP, and the Hemp from Aquatech. LOL

I got my order of the sample set of lotions. I love, love, LOVE the hemp lotion!!!! non greasy, no tackiness.... I was a little worried seeing it wasn't very thick, but it's awesome! The premium lotion is pretty fab too. Not really interested in the spray lotion. I'm taking them all to work tomorrow to get some feed back on all of them! Thanks for directing me to that site carebear!!!

I just knew you'd love it.

They should pay me for all the people I send their way!

LOL! Heck yeah, you should get some royalty fees. HAHA and she is sooo nice! I ordered it on Friday, and she called me about 5 minutes later to tell me it'll be shipped Fed Ex and wanted to make sure someone would be at home! A+ products, A+ Customer Service, that makes a GREAT company!! Thanks so much for the point to them carebear!!!!

reading about aquatech, i think i will buy the sampler package, which is nice 4 oz samples, for 15$ thats shipping too, before i buy a gallon. cant wait, i ordered hempz fo and i really want to add it to some lotion!

ohhh you're going to love, love LOVE, the hemp lotion!!!! Actually, all of the samples were pretty darn good! But I did turn around and order a gallon of the hemp. Everyone at work loves it. I DO need to figure out where on my label I put the fragrance. Oh, and she ships soooo quickly too! Ordered tues nite, it was here on friday!
I was going to order a pump but dang they are pricey! We had just gotten a big thing of vanilla creamer from sams that comes with a pump (the kind u see at the gas stations) so I snagged the new one and used it on the lotion and it fit perfect! Just reused the pump we had from the empty bottle of creamer for the new one! no waste! ha
I also ordered the sample set from wsp, and think i'm going with the GMH. So I'll have both the hemp and GMH.
lemme know what u think of it! I know you'll love it!

ok i got my aquatech lotion samples, they gave me a free 4 oz, after already having a good deal of 6 for 15$! my question is: they say in their Q&a if you can add you own fo they say it isnt rec becuase it doesnt "bind" well, then what is unfrag lotion for?? carebear you have added fo to the hemp havent you? what was your thought? who else had added fos to aquatechs lotion, how much? did it thin it out, not mix well??

honor435 said:
ok i got my aquatech lotion samples, they gave me a free 4 oz, after already having a good deal of 6 for 15$! my question is: they say in their Q&a if you can add you own fo they say it isnt rec becuase it doesnt "bind" well, then what is unfrag lotion for?? carebear you have added fo to the hemp havent you? what was your thought?

Lotions and creams are pre-made with the oils, so adding more outside of the initial formula will not bind well. Color, botanical extracts and scent are fine up to 1.0%.
They meant don't add your own extra oils like squaline or something. FO is fine. and it works very well. I don't color mine, though, because I get the hemp lotion and I love the faint green hemp shade, plus I'm afraid that the green will make other colors strange.

Did you get the sample of the different preservative premium lotion? That's what I got. Isn't the hemp great? I like the other lotions too, premium is good too! I like the spray, but really wouldn't use it much, so just ordered the gallon of the hemp. I also ordered a gallon of gmh lotion from wsp for a thicker base of lotion.
My question is, where on the label do you put your fragrance?

I love the hemp, like the premium.
Good question - ingredients in there at 1% or less can be in any order you please, so I put it last (actually mine reads "may contain fragrance" because I sell a good deal unfragranced).

they gave me a free sample of the premium, do you feel a difference in the lotions? I do like the feel of the hemp.
wsp silk and satin is very nice, but very thick, people seem to like it, i added fo and it doesnt seem to stay mixed very well?

Latest posts

Back