Aug 2018 SMF Challenge - Dancing Funnel Pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is not challenge winner either, but I will post anyway. My second try I like the colors better, and I used the same recipe, but a different scale, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why is crumbly. So I leave it here.

Lots of work in these, not sure if I ever give it a go again ... but never say never I guess.

View attachment 31644
My first one did the same, it crumbled towards the bottom and not throughout and with my terrible free hand cutting skills they now look like little Frankenstein creations ... Made another today, fingers crossed I can channel my inner surgeon to cut straight

Yeah, I wish there was a way to adjust a multi-cutter to cut to specifications on-the-fly. With my new loaf cutter I think I should be able to do slab cuts straight, but I haven't used it yet for that because it didn't arrive in time.

IMG_7938.JPG
Here is the cut version of my failure. It is definitely cool, because the colors did some strange things in there.

Mine is not challenge winner either, but I will post anyway. My second try I like the colors better, and I used the same recipe, but a different scale, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why is crumbly. So I leave it here.

Lots of work in these, not sure if I ever give it a go again ... but never say never I guess.

View attachment 31644
Yours looks so good!! Much better than mine, for sure!

I havent tried yet, I am not having a good run with challenges lately, life has been getting in the way as it does. I hope that I can still have a go this weekend.

Sunriseart, My thought on mine that crumbled was because it wasn't fully emulsified when I started because mine wasn't crumbly throughout, non crumbly area doesn't zap but the rest does. Measurements were accurate so I must not have had full emulsification. The second attempt was good, I took more time when stiring. Were you able to make another?

I don;t know.... mine was emulsified. I am sure of that. I think measurements may have been off. I am not going to use that scale again.

I am just going to throw it away .... good thing it was only 3 small bars.

I don;t know.... mine was emulsified. I am sure of that. I think measurements may have been off. I am not going to use that scale again.

I am just going to throw it away .... good thing it was only 3 small bars.
That's a bummer, but hopefully you'll be able to upgrade :)

My first (and probably only) attempt is in the mould and I think it went pretty well!

You definitely need more of your "fill" colour and less of the outline colour. I also found the key was making the outline spots quite small

It did take quite some time but I didn't find it a terribly difficult technique. I did have a squirt bottle disaster where the lid came off, so somewhere inside the middle of the slab there's a big splotch of soap! But the rest went well I think.

I used BB Fresh Snow which smells amazing and gives me heaps of time to play.

The Official Entry Thread is open:

After the closing date Aug. 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST the winning entry will be chosen using survey monkey and the winner announced on Aug. 31, 2018. There is no prize attached to this challenge.

On Aug. 30th, a link to and the password for voting at survey monkey will be sent to all members who signed up for the Challenge. That will give participants two days for voting so the result can be announced by the end of day on Aug. 31st. I hope that will be enough time so as not to interfere with the start of the next Challenge.

For some reason all of this isn't showing up in my app. Thanks for the link Earlene ! I'm viewing it online. I don't think I'll have time for all of my supplies to arrive and make an entry but I'm excited to see everyone else's! I think I'm going to try this with my 72% OO recipe.

Ooh I have another idea for a variation. Now I want work to be finished so I can go home and try it. Although that means tackling the cleaning of the squirty bottles ... aaargh

Finished my second attempt and realized that I forgot to add the scent. Oh well, guess I will be soaping again tomorrow.

The entries are beautiful so far! I really wanted to join in but time got away from me. I've been home about 12 days in the last 6 weeks so soaping has been on the back burner but this is definitely a technique I've wanted to try. Well done all who've entered so far. Great work!

The Official Entry Thread is open:

After the closing date Aug. 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm CST the winning entry will be chosen using survey monkey and the winner announced on Aug. 31, 2018. There is no prize attached to this challenge.

On Aug. 30th, a link to and the password for voting at survey monkey will be sent to all members who signed up for the Challenge. That will give participants two days for voting so the result can be announced by the end of day on Aug. 31st. I hope that will be enough time so as not to interfere with the start of the next Challenge.

Oops, I forgot to include the link for the ENTRY thread: https://www.soapmakingforum.com/thr...ancing-funnel-entry-thread.71221/#post-715222

If an admin sees this, would you please link the Entry thread at the top of the forums. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back