April Soap Challenge...just made it!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianne70

Reaction score
Here is my "Locale" Soap.
Where I live in Queensland, Australia ( a little town called Goovigen) we have a diverse range of farming/mining. So my soap represents coal mining (black stripe on bottom), grazing country for cows, as well as crop farming (green bit, has a bit of ground oats...for the crops, LOL), and lastly dairy farming (the white bit with what should look like dairy cow black blobs, but they didn't quite work out like I had planned!!) I have scented it with Lemon Eucalyptus EO, and I must say I am loving the smell! (as you all know, Eucalyptus trees are everywhere in OZ!) So there you go! I am tentatively calling it "Callide Valley" at the moment, as that is the region I am from. Hope you all like it :)

IMG_8624.jpg

IMG_8625.jpg

I love that you put so much thought into your creation. It's awesome by itself, but extra special with your description.

I love the thought and the time put into this. AS great description and a wonderful soap!

Thanks guys....when I first saw the locale thing I had so many ideas in my head...but this one won out! It actually turned out pretty similar to what I had in mind, apart from the cow spots! They didn't work so well LOL :)

I love this. This is such a great representation of your region. I wish I lived in Australia *sighs and dreams merrily*

You can always come and visit :D

I have! Several times. One of those times I lived there for just under a year. I actually do qualify for a skills visa but I have an immune disorder that makes long-distance travel impossible. I have many fond memories though, and I order Tim Tams and Daryl's licorice from Melbourne now and again. Maybe in the next life eh?

not sure what to scent my soap with. All I can think of is Banana/eucalyptus which doesn't sound very nice at all!

It may not sound nice to you but sometimes wildly different scents can blend together and can turn out great. You won't know until you try. You could add a few drops of each scent into 14 g of carrier oil and leave it sit for a few days. Then check it to see how it turns out. If you still don't like it, you could add some drops of another FO or EO. What other scents do you have?

Of course, how it smells in the oil may not reflect how it will smell after saponification. This is why we recommend experimenting. :lol:

@ Dianne -

Sorry for the highjack. :oops:

Latest posts

Back