April SMF Soap Challenge, Hanger Swirl Petra Style

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, you truly are seriously the most encouraging group of people:)

Here are my various other attempts.

1461453926740.jpg

1461453940330.jpg

Here are my various other attempts.

Great soaps kchaystack. That's a wonderful colour combination in in your entry (especially the purple), and I really love the fluidity of your black and white soap.

Great soaps kchaystack. That's a wonderful colour combination in in your entry (especially the purple), and I really love the fluidity of your black and white soap.

That is actually black and silver, and the one I wanted to enter. The FO is nag champa. But it has discolored splotchy, and needs to be plained and rinsed with hot water to even it out.

Unfortunately it did not gel, and is still too soft to work with.

Thank you, tho. I love the designs on all of mine, and an not unhappy with any of them.

They just don't show off the technique right, so are not really appropriate for the challenge.

But I'll be doing this a bunch more. It was fun

Last edited:
Attention all who signed up!!!

I PM'ed you all a password. You must use the password to vote tomorrow. The challenge ends tonight, midnight, central standard time. I will post a link as soon as possible Sunday. Thx to all who participated and to all who made attempts to try this swirl!! If you're on the list, you can vote. No sharing the password:)
If I somehow missed your name on the signup list, and you didn't receive a password, please inform me immediately and I'll send it over to you asap. Wouldn't put it passed me to miss something, so I apologize in advance in case I did!! Thx all!

Have you tried leaving the oven light on after you put the soap in? Sometimes that can keep it warm enough to encourage gel.

ETA: Your entry soap is GORGEOUS!

Thanks Krista, I tried to leave the light on but then the automatic fan kicks in to cool the oven :(. I have to turn the oven off at the electric switch or its cold in 5 minutes. You should have seen the horror on my face when I first realised that happened:shock:

LisaAnne, I'm really so pleased and happy that your swirl worked out so beautifully for you :) The colours are lovely.

Doriette farm, your red and green colours are sublime. I've never had such a lovely red!

LisaAnne, I'm really so pleased and happy that your swirl worked out so beautifully for you :) The colours are lovely.

Doriette farm, your red and green colours are sublime. I've never had such a lovely red!

Thanks Rowen, it's the general idea, but yours is amazing! The colors and technique.

I feel so silly! Went to vote and admired all the pictures for a bit. I finally narrowed it down to 3. I spent a good 15 minutes debating the merits of different entries. I compared the number of swirls, the fluidity of the swirl, and the placement of the horizontal swirl. I finally chose one. I selected it, clicked done, and got an error. I was supposed to pick 3 top choices!! I could have went with my top 3 and saved 15 minutes lol.

Posted in the entry thread, but wanted it to be in both threads.

The entry thread is now closed. To vote, you must use the password I PM'ed you. Anyone on the sign up list, even if you didn't submit a soap, may vote. If you experience problems voting or problems with the survey, please inform me asap. I hope I did this right!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JWHMY77

sorry - the survey is saying it's closed when I click on the link. I haven't voted yet.

BTW: I don't how the heck I'm going to pick three. There are so many beautiful submissions that nailed it!

Thanks Rowen, it's the general idea, but yours is amazing! The colors and technique.

Thanks Lisa Anne, my husband helped pick the colours. I'll definetely ask him again. I'm not great at swirls, so I think this one had a great deal to do with luck:)

Sorry, think i fixed it!

Perfect. I was able to vote... that was insanely difficult to choose. I kept going between 6 of them. Forum friends, next time please make ugly soap that fails the challenge so that it's easier to pick!

Sorry, I only had time to try the challenge twice and neither one was a good representation of the technique so I didn;t submit one of my own. Y'all have shown me it's totally possible to achieve amazing results with this one. I'll be back to try this one in the future.

WOW!!! There were 4-6 SOLID entries. It was so hard to choose. I finally narrowed to the best representations of the technique, and then chose based on design.

I will say, even those that didn't hit the mark with technique had beautiful soaps. Any one of them would make me stop and look if I saw them at the market.

Thanks Krista, I tried to leave the light on but then the automatic fan kicks in to cool the oven :(. I have to turn the oven off at the electric switch or its cold in 5 minutes. You should have seen the horror on my face when I first realised that happened:shock:

Automatic fan? Well, fancy that. My oven is 23 yrs old so I had no idea such high tech stuff exsisted, lol. Geez, that sentence makes me sound like my technology resistant dad. :Kitten Love:

Latest posts

Back